Can getting into ketosis take over a week ?

Mr Creosote

I remember doing the Cambridge Diet about 6 years ago and I gave up on DAY 7. I wasn't in Ketosis by then.

What is the longest time anyone has taken to get into ketosis so I can prepare myself for the worst.

I am more focussed this time by the way.

Not sure about the others but ketosis started on 2nd-3rd day for me.

same for me. but it completely relies on your diet imediately before you start LT... your liver will not start producing Ketone bodies until your sugar stores are completely depleted..

the Keytones are produced to make up for the lack of glycogen(spelling)...

I think it was about day 4 for me.

The cracking headache was the signal, followed by a mouth like Ghandi's flip flop.

I feel much less 'physical' hunger today(day 6), but was probably in ketosis before now. I personally have found that i only felt better after being in ketosis for a coulple of days which is wierd, so maybe you are producing them, but don't know it! You'll defiantely get there x

I feel much less 'physical' hunger today(day 6), but was probably in ketosis before now. I personally have found that i only felt better after being in ketosis for a coulple of days which is wierd, so maybe you are producing them, but don't know it! You'll defiantely get there x

Physical hunger... good description. Do you find that you're mentally hungry, like at lunchtime you think you should be tucking into something but when you focus on your stomach, it really doesn't want it?

I can't explain what I mean really, I used to eat in case I got hungry later, only really felt hunger pangs during my first week then they went away, but my brain stayed hungry for a while...:rolleyes:

Hi, a friend of mine who did LL a while back never registered Ketosis on the ketostix - never went even slightly pink, but she still lost at a steady 3.5lbs a week.....

For me, it was about day 3-4 and as someone else said - when you start not feeling hungry its a good sign

Stick with it....it can't not work!

LRO x

It took me about 2/3 days

Think I'm in it now as am just not bothered about having another chicken soup. It's all I can drink. However, does anyone know if you can only manage 2 shakes instead of 3 will that affect your weight loss in a negative way. i.e. will your body be holding onto any extra calories it can get or will it rev it up if you have 3 shakes the next day.

I'm not purposely missing shakes to lose more weight. Just haven't felt like them one or two eves.

Iv missed shakes before just because i didnt have time and it never effected my losses its just the fact that your 3 shakes gives the body the minimum amount of things in order to work so if it doesn't get enough it'll suffer so you really should have all 3 even if you down one of them!

we are all different it can be 2/3 days or upto 7

Thanks Pizzle, that makes sense, sometimes somebody else has to state the obvious. Being blonde doesn't help me I guess!!!

Well im blonde too so i understand!!!

Hi
I started last Monday and it took me till about Saturday to get into Ketosis. I now feel really good and the hunger has gone. I have spent the last week reading this site and it has been a lifeline.

The thing is, I keep checking the Ketostiks but it only shows traces of ketones. I have not cheated once since I started so I don't know what is wrong?

Hello and welcome to the forum Pearly.

Its good your ketostix are only showing trace...that means you are not dehydrated. Its likely they will be darker in the morning and as the day goes on and you get glugging the water then it dilutes the ketones present. Don't worry....you do not lose more weight the darker it is. As long as its showing trace you are in ketosis and using your stored fat for energy. Good luck hun.x

I started the diet on Monday... and swear I have never seen so many food adverts on tv....even the bread I threw out to the birds on Saturday is looking delicious!

I'm currently feeling really glum, head hurts, feel absolutely lifeless. It's 8.30pm and i'm already sitting under my blanket with my pyjamas on... but here's looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday!! xx

If theres traces then theres more than someone whos not on the diet! Even if its a small trace you'll still be burning fat!

Back