Can i ask you some advice?

shellreed2011

Silver Member
Ok this may be a long one so I'm sorry lol I was just wondering what you would do in my situation. I started exante last match I've lost a fair amount of weight then I put a stone back on over Xmas I started exante again in January lost the stone then had to come off because of test my doctor was doing! I started back on Sunday and have lost 7lbs BUT the very things the dr didn't want me to go back on for are happening again! I fainted twice yesterday am shaking like a leaf and feel dizzy almost constantly I suppose what I'm asking is would you continue with it if it was you? I was happy at 12.7 even tho I was still classed as obese I could get into a 14 easily I only have 8lbs to go until I get there again I know I'm never going to be able to make it to goal but if you were me would you grin and bear it just for the next 7lbs? Any advice would be great xx

I would do what you feel is right for you and your body, you aren't accountable to anybody but yourself. Maybe try upping the plans a little to see if that helps with the symptoms. Or maybe jsut take it 1 day at a time, every day extra is a day closer to goal right? Or what about upping the plans now to maintenance as most people keep losing while they go up to maintenance, and it would help you from regaining the initial loss?

I would advise you to come off exante and go onto something like SW , no diet is worth risking your health .. BUT if you are asking what I would do , well I would try a few things , I would try 4 packs a day and see if that helped , then I would try 3 packs and a meal , and if none of those made me any better then I would go onto SW and loose it that way , as it does work it just takes a little longer xxxxxx

Hi, I think i'd be tempted to move to a longer term weight management club, such as WW or SW. My hubby did Exante for about 3 weeks during which he was really poorly. He came off it and got better then tried it again and was ill again. I guess it was his body's way of saying 'stop... I'm not keen'!

WW or SW will help you manage your weight longer term too.

Listen to your body. You've done so amazingly well!

My thoughts - I would give it a bit longer before giving something else a try.
As suggested, drink more water and go to four packets for another week, this might give your body more time to adjust. It seemed to take me a bit longer the second time, and it certainly is not as 'easy' as it was for the first seven stone. I also find it much more difficult when its cold and I am stressed and or tired. But, most of all listen to your body, you will know what is best for you. I have reduced the exercise this time, it just felt too much on 600 calories. I also add a bit of skimmed milk in tea and it still works. Your weight is your business and you stop when it feels right for you and not when the magic BMI says its right!

Most of all, its your call, don't do anything that does not feel right for you.

GSQ

Shell only you know how your feeling hun and only you can answer your question!! " I fainted twice yesterday am shaking like a leaf and feel dizzy almost constantly" this alone makes alarm bells ring!!!! you only have 8 lbs to go, is it really worth making your self ill for.xxx

Only you know what is right for you, but I think if I was in your position I would stop Exante and go onto something like WW or SW, I don't think its worth risking your health. xxxx

I agree with the others. What would you say to me if it was me asking you the same question? 8lbs is nothing in comparisson to what you have already lost and I bet you look fab. Your health is more important and I think you already know the answer in your heart x

Listen to your body. Some of our bodies' signals, like hunger and tiredness, are saying 'I don't like this much'. Some of our bodies' signals, like dizziness and fainting, are saying 'stop stop stop!' If it was in the first week or so of the diet I'd say it will pass, but you have come so far and done so well. It may suit your body more to go onto something like slimming world or weight watchers- you'll be able to eat actual food (woohoo!), your body will love you and you will still continue to lose and reach your goal. It also stands you in good stead for maintenance- by the time you're at goal, you'll know all about which foods will help you stay there.

Yes I'd say listen to ur body, we've all got to learn to eat sensibly after this so keep focused and listen to ur body! U can get the rest off safely and sensibly. Take care of ur self .xx

I hope you're okay hun xxx

Back