Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Can I ask your advice please !..

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kath3852, 27 April 2010 Social URL.

1. kath3852

kath3852 Full Member

I started SW 2 weeks ago, this clashed with a weekend away on the Fri and Sat of the first week and I weighed in on the Monday.

I managed the weekend away not too bad on the Friday but went a bit mad on the Sat night with too much brandy and a meal out.

When I weighed in I was really pleased to see that I had lost 2 pounds.

I thought I'd had a really good week this week but I managed to put on a pound - no idea how.

I asked the consultant if it could have been a hangover from the previous weekend and she said probably not ?

I was a bit disappointed when I said that I had no idea why this had happened and she just moved onto the next person..I know that she has to get through and weigh people but I have no idea where I went wrong.

The only think I can think of is that I didn't have a third superfree with every single meal - most of them but not every single one.

Can you think of anything else or does SW just take a bit of time to get your head round?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Woodsylou

Woodsylou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    i think lots of people put on on the 2nd week, i know i did and i saw another thread about it earlier. i think it's just your body adjusting to the new regime. keep a food diary this week and ensure you weigh all of your Healthy Extra's and syns, you'll have a loss and feel back on track :) good luck x

4. kath3852

kath3852 Full Member

I've just noticed Freddys post earlier - he's put on the second week.

I was just a bit worried I was doing something completely wrong . I really want SW to work for me

I quite like the idea of my body being in shock ! Its probably an awful shock thinking about it but this is the first 'diet' I've been on that I haven't wanted to pig out on chocolate, crisps and bread and butter !

Good idea about writing everything down - at least if I put on again I can show it to someone and ask for help

5. AndieG

AndieG Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I stayed the same my second week on EE, guess your body might be getting adjusted to things & hopefully you'll have a better loss your 3rd week xx

6. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    when i was loosing weight my weight ALWAYS went on the 2nd week..

for example from my book, you will see almost everytime i get an award, the week after i gain a lb or so, this is because i unexpectedly got my sticker after a week away, but showed the damage the week after.

now, strangly my weight goes on straight away, but i suspect the case for you is that its come back to bite you a week late..

get on it 100% this week and your hard work from last week will pay off too. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.