Can I do this?

Juliet68

I have been a ww for about 9 years after losing 3 stone with them. Unfortunately last year I was diagnosed with depression and all the weight went back on.
Now i really want to lose the weight but am struggling with ww (I eventually became obsessed with points so am not sure if its the best thing for me) so was thinking about trying SW.

Since having depression my self esteem and confidence has totally disappeared and I am worried about doing the "jump" from ww to sw.

Do you think I can do it? I won't be able to go to meetings as work is too hectic so was thinking of doing on line.

I know that I will start to feel better when I start to lose weight, its just working out which way to lose it is the problem (not been able to make a decision since having depression either!).

Thanks for all your help,
Juliet

It is always worth a try and I personally feel that it is a way of eating that is probably easier to maintain than WW (only from what I've heard as I've never done WW). I think the main thing with SW is knowing what you can eat and doing a bit of planning ahead. This forum is also a great support network if you can't go to class. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I don't go to meetings either.I use the internet site and the others here give me all the support I need. It depends on whether that is enough for you.Some people need that physical contact you get at group.O fcourse you will be able to make the change to SW.Extra easy is just that-really easy.Just remember to forget all about points because here you eat healthy food and dont weigh any free food.Just ask if you want to know anything-someone alwys seems to be around. Good luck and be proud of yourself for taking a anew direction which is really difficult with depression. Big hug coming your way. Just remember to take it one step at a time.x

Ive just come over from ww last week, i dot go to meetings and i do it at home.
You certainly can do it, its very very scary to start but after one day on SW i felt more at ease and i love not having to count points for EVERYTHING! there is still counting on SW but very minimal really.

Im not a very confident person either and sometimes get very down but it can be done, ive just done it!
If you need any support making the transition this site is brilliant, and i can always lend a freindly ear

Hi Juliet

I am an on-line member and found it great for me. This plan requires very little weighing measuring and counting- it is very liberating and VERY successful for those who are determined to succeed.

In answer to your question: YES YOU CAN!

Welcome to Minimins Juliet. I used to suffer with depression too, but thankfully have managed to overcome it for now. I love Slimming world, it has really helped me to change my lifestyle and they way i think about food. I found it a bit tough to begin with but once you get used to knowing which foods are free or how many syns things are etc then it is easy. It is great that you lost 3 stone on WW, you know that you can do it! Everyone here is really friendly and you can always find motivation and support on those hard days when you just feel like giving in. Good luck! :)

Back