Can i do this?

Broccoli

Hey everyone; I'm Rebecca and I'm new to the forum. :)

My current weight is 19st4; I've been overweight for a long long time but this weight is the lowest I've been in a while. I started off by coming off the contraceptive pill and rocketing from 16st to 22st.

It's even taken me effort to register on here; I read you guys' posts and they're so helpful but never had the guts to face up to my weight problem and I simply cannot do weight loss groups. I find myself disgusted being face to face with people who know my weight.

So now I turned over a new leaf, or so I thought. I do regular exercise; scuba, swimming, gym and high intensity fitness classes 3/4 times a week normally and I'm doing ww pro points diet.

I've lost 5lbs so far which is great!, but then I just stop. I don't know how to explain it but I just stop. I had a bereavement this week and I did a lot of hours at work and I've been tired so I did my regular scuba class but nothing else so far. I work in Next part time and am on my feet all day and I just feel like giving up( I can't accept I'm tired and just feel fat and lazy for wanting a bath instead of the gym. I go over my points by 2/3 every single day ( I have 42) but last week I managed to exercise it off so I not only had activity points but 'spares' too. But this week I only have 30 spares left, and I honestly just feel like giving up.

Someone help; support is desperately needed as I'm only on week 3 :( and I feel I'm already failing.

I was 21st at age 19. And I'm 5'2 so that was a hell of a lot. It is doable, I'm still on my journey. I have a long way to go!

All I can say is, not every diet works for everyone. For every diet there is, there's a bunch of people lining up telling you it's the greatest thing ever, I lost blah amount and feel great. Then there are just as many people saying oh no, I couldn't do that. You can't win!

Well done for taking the plunge and joining. Well done for making the decision to change. Well done for getting through day one, week one, week two! My weight took my teen years from me- being size 26 and buying white shirts in old lady catalogues because there are no school shirts that size really hurt! But it didn't motivate me to change.

In Jan 2009 I made the decision to change. I started at 16st 10lb and went to 12st 10lb over a year using Rosemary Conley as a basis. I didn't follow the actual diet but I followed all the rules and lost 1-2lb a week. I don't know if I would have continued, by the end I was thinking 'is this it?' Knowing I still had 4-5st to go. I started gaining then lost my home and my job! Moved abroad for work, hated it, spent a miserable year comfort eating and hating my life.

December 2012- I made the decision again, decided to change if I could! Weighed in at 15st. Started the same principles, low Gi, low fat and cal counting. Lost 7lb before Christmas and was bloody amazed after the break to find I had maintained that loss! Then I found this site and read about every diet there was. I went to the library and got every diet book they had- Dukan, low Gi, Atkins, food combining, and lots more. I eventually decided I need a food break, a cal-counting and portion-control break so am currently doing a VLCD. Meal replacement, all my food is in little packs so no counting!

I've lost 2 stone since I decided to change in December. And I hope to continue! I'm down a jeans size, people have noticed and I have the products for at least another month! This diet averages at a stone a month loss but can be difficult for some. I'm finding it tough, have cravings but I'm trying so hard to control them. Finding very good support on here! I wouldn't still be going if I wasn't on here, no way. In fact I wouldn't have started, I discovered VLCDs on here!

It is possible to change but the biggest thing is motivation. I have a wedding coming up in June and will be meeting all of my best friend and her fiances family for the first time. I want to make a really good impression! I want to be in size 14 by then. That and my health is my motivation. And shopping! How good will it be when I am able to go to a high street and buy clothes from any shop, not just head to M&S, Evans or the crap selection in New Look.

Blimey, that was my life story but I guess I'm saying you are not alone, there are so many people in the same boat. There are people on here with a start weight of 35st+ and those with a few lbs but finding it tough! All I can say is, if WW is really tricky look at other options. I can't recommend Rosemart Conley enough, the low GI approach really helped manage my PCOS and I intend to go back to low Gi when I get to goal. For me the fast weightloss on a VLCD seems the way forward but it's not for everyone.

Anyway, good luck, you should find plenty of support on here whatever you decide to do!

Hi Rebecca I weighed 22 stone and managed to lose 3lbs so far and know exactly how you feel. Maybe we could keep each other motivated. X

The answer is yes you can!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can do it!!!!

I started out in August 2010 at almost 20 stone & a size 22/24. I have followed slimming world from home now for almost 19 months & am slowly but surely getting there. Its not easy I know especially when there are times that you feel you should have lost more or something happens & life takes over but the important thing is to get back on track as quickly as possible after having a blip.

I admit that I dont know the weight watchers plan but I know I was very sceptical of the slimming world one when I started & all this free food etc so I thought I would test it to the limit which I did for the first couple of weeks & within that lost a whole stone!!!! After being proven wrong I ate more sensibly & was even finding that less filled me as the months went on. I started off thinking too that slimming world was some quick fix plan & that all the weight would drop off & then I could start eating normally again. It did take a while to sink in that it was in fact a healthy eating plan & what I was eating previously was not normal but it does take a while for these things to sink in. I guess my main bit of advice is to take things a day at a time, enjoy what you are having to eat & dont be too hard on yourself along the way :)

Good luck & I look forward to hearing how your journey goes for you

Hey Rebecca, how have you been these last few days?

You say you go over your points most days - I bet you're still eating less than you did when you werent on the eating plan.

From experience, I think the key is not to beat yourself up about falling off the wagon. Through January I had a few hiccups where I 'needed' to console myself with wine and a takeaway. Instead of continuing the cycle through that week to start again Monday (there's always a Monday!) I would get back to healthy eating the next day, and I kept to my gym/fitness sessions. I was able to lose 10lb through Jan that way.

Keep at it, you CAN do it x

Hi Rebecca, how you getting on? You can do it! X

Lots and lots of sound advice here.

I wonder if you might get help from motivational sayings about weight loss. Their are loads if you type in quotes.

The two that "speak to me" at the minute are
Dieting is hard. Being fat is hard. You choose the hard
and
Eat for how you want to look not how you look now.

Its a very very personal thing but I find it really helpful

jilly said:
Lots and lots of sound advice here.

I wonder if you might get help from motivational sayings about weight loss. Their are loads if you type in quotes.

The two that "speak to me" at the minute are
Dieting is hard. Being fat is hard. You choose the hard
and
Eat for how you want to look not how you look now.

Its a very very personal thing but I find it really helpful

Like the sayings never thought of looking for stuff like that!

Back