Can i drink...

MrsWills

Hi all, right in 2 weeks time im going away with my girls for a weekend to butlins will be drinking all weekend. normally just drink diet coke and disaranno. can i drink and take the tabs with my meal times? should i just leave the home? any advice and experiences gratefully recieved:D

I have found drinking fine but try and go for low fat choices as alcohol in general is ridiculously high in calories - vodka and soda water, gin and slim line tonic etc are OK. The difficulties I have with drinking is my weakened will-power... Nothing seems to matter when I'm drunk and kebabs seem very tempting!! Then the tablets have something to say about a night out lol. Luckily I have always been dissuaded by my partner or a friend! Having said that it is a lifestyle change so we all have to learn to manage circumstances such as social events and forward planning is definitely the key xx

Ahh right ok. Thanks ill give it a go, i dont have like alco pops or beer lager cidr just spirit and diet coke i think ill be ok. Thanks for your advice :)

Vodka & diet coke has always been fine for me but i agree re the temptation I used to carry on with the tablets to stop me having something naughty to eat on the way home..... Have a great weekend x

Thank you i will do. I'm thinking that may be the hardest part too. Normally chippy or wok to walk when in town. I think taking the tabs will keep me on the straight n narrow. Thanks for all your replies Lexi :D

Drinking is fine, as there isn't fat in most drinks (unless you like your piña colada!!! Like me lol)

Just be careful as the others have said, it will make you less likely to stick to any rules!!

Are you going to be able to have low fat options there throughout the weekend anyway???

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi Kes! Thanks for your reply. Yeah i should be fine there are lots of different things we can have so i should be fine. I dont want to get stuck though so not taking Xen now. Was thinking about it but thought best to make senseible decisions and back on Xen when im back.

Will just enjoy my weekend drinkwise. also im quite paranoid anyway so dont want to be worrying about side effects - even when i eat nothing bad - when im out and about.

Try to not let your brain think you are gonna be off them, so then you will still make sensible decisions!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi all. I had an enagement party this weekend, i found alcohol not a problem but (I know i shouldnt say this) but when i was on the way tp the taxi i had food- and was so drunk i didnt think of tabs and losing weight i rarely drink or go out and thought its just a one off and didnt really care. Obs now im gutted i did but needed food othrwise would of been really really hungover but on to a new week and wont let a sat night in town ruin my progress so far. So im not going to take tabs on hols - dont want same thing to happen lol.

Sadly, that's the risk and I am exactly the same :-( well done putting it behind you thought - one slip up wont do too much damage! X

It must be an England thing, because I never remember eating on the way home or late in the evening when I went out...

I don't know if it was because I lived in a smallish town (not tiny but not a city either) and nothing was open, and we don't have kabab vans (as I said might do in the city)

Good choice on not taking the tablets, just try and be good when your sober.

Thanks kes. Might be a UK thing I guess. Tradition to get food on your way to the taxi lol. That is my downfall but like I said I'm gunna b good just not take tablet.

Back