Can I eat chocolate every day?

Okay, so I'm calorie counting and aiming at 1200 calories a day, but I often end up eating much less than that without even trying. (e.g. bowl of special k for breakfast, soup for lunch, baked potato and beans for dinner) I usually only eat about 800 calories a day.

Would I still lose weight if, say, I ate a 200 calorie chocolate bar on top of that in the evening?

I can easily increase my other calories by 200 or so by adding fruit etc as snacks! And as it says in my signature, I'm a (19 year old) girl, not a man.

As Super Groovy said, you need to get your cals up to at least 1,200 a day, but as she also said, look at the threads which talk about how many you should eat based on your TDEE and BMR. There's nothing to stop you eating choc every day, of course, but if you want to be healthy as well as lighter I seriously wouldn't recommend it. :) xx

Okay, so I'm calorie counting and aiming at 1200 calories a day, but I often end up eating much less than that without even trying. (e.g. bowl of special k for breakfast, soup for lunch, baked potato and beans for dinner) I usually only eat about 800 calories a day.

Would I still lose weight if, say, I ate a 200 calorie chocolate bar on top of that in the evening?

I guess you could be a chocoholic like me too :)

Whether doing slimming world, the fast diet or calorie counting I've always worked in a full size chrunchie or turkish delight with a big mug of tea when I settle down at the end of the day in front of the tv and I've always still lost. Yes there are healthier things you could eat - but the idea (certainly with Slimming world) was that you could use your syns for the things you love or at least that's what I was told and I've had no problems whatsoever

Back