Can i exercise next week?

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
Morning everyone.. Hope you are ok and doing well x

On Tuesday i will be in my 3rd week (only just) so i am wondering if it would be ok to start swimming once a week, and increasing it gradually.

I am not active at all, and if anyone can suggest any other exercise that will be as good,or better for me, i would be grateful.

I am paranoid i will lose weight and end up with baggy skin, so i know i need to do something.

Thanks all x x

Morning everyone.. Hope you are ok and doing well x

On Tuesday i will be in my 3rd week (only just) so i am wondering if it would be ok to start swimming once a week, and increasing it gradually.

I am not active at all, and if anyone can suggest any other exercise that will be as good,or better for me, i would be grateful.

I am paranoid i will lose weight and end up with baggy skin, so i know i need to do something.

Thanks all x x

Oh aye, you'll be sound, just don't go mental or you'll be walking like a scarecrow 2 days later.

heyy im on my 3rd week too and gonna start swimming :) Swimming is prob the best exercise for me, if i got on the tredmill now id probably just pass out, its an effort walking to college and back but when u swim you dont really feel it as much, and its gd for burning calories and toning up! :D

Once you are past the first couple of weeks any form of exercise is good as long as you dont over do it.
Basically just see how you feel - everyone is different.
The best advice I could give you is start with a small amount of exercise on a regular basis and build it up.

I managed an hour on the treadmill 2 days ago at the beginning of my third week. Hadn't been for months, doctors orders, but usually I am a regular exercise. Have to say that I've got bags of energy at the moment and have been spending hours gardening, just don't overdo it!

I started running a couple of weeks into my TFR and was up to about 20 miles a week about a month later. Next week I'm running a half marathon. Go for it!

That's great waterworks!! Did you exercise before lipotrim at all?

I used to run a fair bit Su, but did my back in big time about 16 months ago. I then gained an enormous amount of weight as I thought I could continue to eat like a horse while not doing any exercise whatever. :sigh:

Until about 6 weeks ago I thought I would never run again - too scared that I would hurt my back - but started walking just a little, and in no time was back to running! I'm much slower than I was a couple of years ago, but I really don't care - my stamina is still there - the rest will come.

Good luck, and as I said before, go for it - don't be afraid to push yourself!

I didn't exercise much before I started this diet, as I had had extremely bad knees which dislocate if I turn funny and I had spine surgery at the end of march...

I started off with swimming and walking in pool which I still do
then I started swimming with floats seemed to feel like I was working my arms more And I was paranoid about bingo wings but doing that has visably increased my triceps.
I then purchased a pedometer which works with my ds and I make sure I do 3000 steps a day
I also use treadmill (walking) arm cycle and exercise bike at gym

don't get me wrong, some days I feel weak, and I don't do much at all, go to the gym, and I relax in thf sauna and aqua therapy pool...

Just know yourself and know when you have had enough
xx hope that waffle helps lol

Waterworks.. Glad you are back on track hun x x It's not a case of being afraid to push myself-it's a case of being a lazy moo for sooooooooo long it seems a HUGE effort now!! lol

Amanda.... You sound like a blerdy athlete!!! lol.... Good for you x x Is it swimming in general that has helped your bingo wings, or the fact you used the float the way that you did?... I too am paranoid about my bingo wings.. At the moment if i wave to someone, my arms are still wobbling whilst the people have driven half a mile away!! pmsl

Thank you both x x

Su....

I put a float Between my knees and then breast stroke using only my arms
it has helped a lot, your arms feel like you've carried a 10 tonne weight all day lol but they soon get used to it...

As for athelete. Nooooo. Just trying to keep the losses coming

my losses keep me going on this diet... Without them I would eat the world pmsl

Thank you so much for that Amanda.. I am definitely going to do that when i go swimming x x x

You can also try holding the float out in front of you and then just use your legs
I tend to alternate, as one length and I feel I can't do anymore...

Hope that helps x

A length??????????? I will be lucky if i manage a width!! pmsl

And that is assuming that they don't call the coastguard to rescue me first, thinking a whale has lost its way!!! lmao x x

Seriously though, thank you Amanda, will let you know how i get on (if i am not on the news first!)

pmsl

Good luck xx

The x-trainer is really good for bingo wings too as well as legs

I don't know if i could honestly keep up with going to the gym Sandra.. I would start with the best of intentions, but i have NO motivation for exercise, and as soon as i start to sweat, or it starts to ache (so really, when it's actually doing me some good) i give up!! lol, but i have always enjoyed swimming so thought i would start there... Perhaps when i lose (quite) a bit more i may feel inclined to go to the gym but at the moment it is beyond my imagination.

Is the x-trainer that torture chamber looking contraption with the big flipper pedal things and really big handlebar thingies??? (sorry for description! lol)

Su, that's the one!

Back