Can I go of slim and save for one day?

Dolls&Pins

So I just had a call from my mother and I totally forgot that we had this family meal thing planned, now the thing is, none of my family knows that I am on the diet, they would not be happy if they found out because I tend to do extreme diets all the time. Anyway if I tell them I am doing it they will be mad, if I go and don't eat they will think I am on a starvation diet (Which I have done so many times in the past, never worked ofcourse lol) So if I went to the meal ate really healthy like a salad and chicken and just drank water would that completely Kill my diet? I have only been on its for 10 days.

If you stuck to protein and veg and drank water it should still keep you in ketosis.

Just have a 3 pack and meal day - stick to the protein and veggie options and you'll be fine. However, you could consider telling them. I totally understand why you haven't, I kept it quiet from everyone apart from my OH and one friend to start with. My mum tends to be a bit of a sabeteur and gets all competitive so I didn't want her to know, but after 4 weeks I went to see my family and told them I'd brought my own lunch - there was a certain amount of fascination with what I was doing (including asking me if nutty bread was ok with my soup - bless) and now she really could not be more supportive. I'm certainly a lot happier that everyone knows now.

I have been out for a few meals and eaten steak and salad, no one has questioned it. Beware of chicken and fish when out though, as they tend to come with a sweet, sugary glaze which will knock you out of ketosis. Ask for chips and salad dresisng on the side so you can control how much dressing you have and offer the chips around the table (if it comes with them) or just ask for no potatoes and an extra helping of salad or veg. The weeks I have done this it has not affected my weight loss.

Yep - go for 3 packs plus a protein meal. Just don't eat anying too carby like potatoes or bread. If you stick to the list of allowed things you won't be breaking the diet at all - that's one of the great things about this plan.

Back