Can I have a refund as it is too big...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by icemoose, 23 September 2006 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    I know I finished this mad diet 7 months ago now but I had to take a shirt back to River Island yesterday as when I got home and tried it on it was too big.

It is such a head trip to buy clothes in River Island in the first place net alone take them back and ask for a refund as they hang off you.

2. Avatar Matched Content

SUZIEB Full Member

Some of my clothes are getting too big now - but I can't wait til I can shop in "normal" shops too - how brill must that feel!!!!
  4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    I still feel so self concious in there though and that people are looking at me thinking what is that "untrendy" fool doing in here.

And I always pick the biggest size I can find and then work down!

And whenever I go to put on a top I always say "this will never fit" before I try it.

They say it takes a year to feel slim after you finish losing weight but after 7 months I don't feel that I am slim at all!

I am not denying it as the scales don't lie but I still expect to wake up in the morning 12 stone heavier again.

Bizarre my brain!!
    Mini likes this.
  5. bigbluefurrymonster

bigbluefurrymonster Full Member

Thats absolutely mad! :eek:
  6. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Mad but not surprising! I don't know how long your were 'big' but I expect compared to how long you have been 'normal', it was a long time.
    Give yourself time, believe those scales and the mirror and your head will catch up in time. Love
  7. Summerskye

Summerskye Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Mini's just copied and pasted this thread to me, Mike as I've said something similar on my own diary thread about how I think I'll always consider myself as a 'work in progress'.

I've bought some clothes recently which I was sure were 'my size' .. only to find they're actually too big for me. In fact, I'm taking a skirt to a place that does alterations later today to get the waist taken in (by about 5"!). I've never even worn it, but I like it too much to return it to the shop.

I got a denim jacket through the post today that I bought on eBay and when I took it out of the packet, my immediate thought was "It's so tiny! That'll never fit me!" .. but it's a perfect fit.

I think somehow our brains might never catch up with how our bodies look now .. but as long as the (smaller size) clothes fit, who cares eh? :)
  8. Soraya

Soraya Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimpod & Atkins
    I bought something in a size 12 recently and kept waiting for them to point out I'd picked the wrong size and that it wasn't a 22!!

Still shopping at M&S but haven't plucked up the courage to go anywhere trendy.
  9. smartlazydaisy

smartlazydaisy Member

Weight Watchers
    I am 4 sizes smaller than I used to be and still pick out stuff in a 20, I am a 16/18 now, I look at stuff on the hanger in the shop & think 'That will never fit' so go for a bigger size and guess what I get home and it's too big, good for exercise though cause I have to wlk back up town and exchange it!

I bought some clothes about a month ago in Tesco in the sales, 1 top was a size 14 thinking ideal for Xmas, I am off on hols next Sat and did all my holiday washing earlier and tried it on and it fits! I was so pleased so I washed it & will be coming with me!

It is strange how are brains work.....
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.