Can I have a winge?

I have the total opposite.. everyone is trying really hard to be nice.. my gf has taken to eating quorn because she knows I hate it.. and my mum didn't even get chips today for her usual friday chip butty.. they're being really considerate, my brother offered me a pepsi max this morning.. bless.. he doesn't understand much.. thinks I should to weight watchers with his wife, because eating only ready meals is far more nutricious lol

I'm not telling many people about it, just that I'm doing low carbs.. which isn't lying really ;)

I told a few people at work because I couldn't really hide it, now everyone knows and I don't really mind, but everyone does have their own opinion about it. Most of the responses have been positive but the cynics among them think it's too drastic and even dangerous. A group of us had a discussion in the staffroom this lunch time.

In the end I just said that Weight Watchers and Slimming World were great for people who only have a stone or 2 to lose, but people like me with more to lose get disheartened quickly by the slow progress and end up putting on more weight in the end because they lose interest. With CD the results are faster and this keeps you motivated to see it through, which in the end has absolutely got to be healthier than yo-yoing on WW or SW. That shut them up when they realised the logic!!

You will have the last laugh when you're all skinny and fabulous and your 'friend' is still struggling! It would make me even MORE determined to succeed if it was me!

Don't get me wrong my friend is my friend....I kinda thought it wasn't her thing but she said she really wanted to do it, even if it meant only sticking to it for a week. She said the only thing she was worried about was constipation, and I suppose yesterday she was feeling bloated and a bunged up and I guess she was feeling sorry for herself and took it out on me. I got the distinct impression she was unconsciously blaming me for not feeling well. But then she said she'd not drank much water and hadn't taken any fibre or anything... I suppose that doesnt absolve her behaviour, but she has a good heart and I know she will be supportive of the rest of my loss...but I was just a bit disappointed that cos she was crabby and bloated and giving up the diet, she was far more willing to give our diet details away. I am over it, I suppose I will just have to be strong as I lose weight so that when it is noticed by my colleagues that I have lost a lot in a short space of time... I hope they don't think I am on drugs or have a terrible wasting disease!!

but anyway, thankyou all for your support, I feel I have had a crowd of cheer leaders not jeerleaders

Ignore what people say and remind yourself that you are doing this for you. Who is to say that people who lose weight on the so called conventional diets don't put it back on? I could go on hun, but I will stop. All I want to say is good luck and we are here for you if you want support

Much love

Thembie

take no notice of comments made, i had a collegue who found out as wanted to know what i was drinking when i explained they went on the internet and supposidly found the negs of using this diet dont listen keep at it

Nothing worse than having the diet police monitoring your every move. Why people feel they have a right to lecture us on our eating choices I don't know:mad:

When I had surgery I made the mistake of telling everyone and trust me everyone had an opinion. Now I have started this I am keeping it to myself as I can imagine some of the comments. We do this for ourselves so people butt out!!!

Laura x

thankyou all, your comments are immensly important. Of course this diet isn't for everyone but it is for me. So there!!

Hee hee. I have had my winge, feel better now, it's a hot tub for me and a laze in the sun =)

can I have another winge?

No one at work seems to have notice I have lost 2 stone :confused:

Part of me doesn't want anyone to notice as there'll be questions about my food choices, but it would have been nice for someone to say I am looking leaner

Maybe I'll have to lose another 2 stone before anyone will notice?!

Aw angie-bum, don't worry-everyone will notice all of a sudden! I went down from a 18/20 to a 14 (3 stone) before anyone really noticed, and even then some people just thought I'd had my hair done different!!

You know you have done it, and you are healthier already. You'll be drowning in compliments before you know it!!

Theresa x

Hi there Theresa:wave_cry:,

Many thanks for your comment. I am being silly really. I have been wearing baggy clothes and not making the most of my emerging figure, cos I am worried about people trying to put me off sudden weight loss. So I wouldnt be happy either way.

I do like the symbology of the butterfly,
I went from size 16 to a size 12, 14 years ago, I went away to work and then came back 5 months later, and I still remember with relish one of my friends being gob-smacked at my long legs and small waist. (People who didnt speak to me before suddenly wanted to know who I was...it was a bit surreal)

I still like the idea of the 'big reveal'...so maybe I will continue to cover up and bide my time and then, I think at Christmas I may make an effort, tight trousers, sinched in top, contact lenses, hair done. I really hope that I will be able to see my cheekbones by then too:rolleyes:

So yes, It may take me losing a total of 5 stone before anyone notices, and then too, they may just think I have had my hair done!!:D

Winge over, I will do my ugly duckling butterfly reveal and go to as many parties as possible at Christmas:party0036:

That's so annoying, it's pure jealousy!
She couldn't hack it and you could, so now she need to make everyone think you're doing the wrong thing to make herself feel better about stopping. You carry on with what makes you happy, stuff everyone else, no one knows what you go through in life inside and if you have made a life choice like this then good on you. Don't sit there and take it, dish it back! Tell them you get all the vitamins and goodness you should from yor diet and that you are not compromising your health, you are bettering your health byt getting the weight off. If they disagree with this then turn it on them and suggest they shouldn't judge someone elses life choices.

Oh god Im mad now! LOL

Ok, ok, I'll get off my soap box, but why don't people just mind their own!!!!

Good luck with it all!xxxx

thankyou Milena, I wouldn't tell anyone unless they have had a lot of weight to lose or have done VLCD, because there's only so many times you can take someone telling you just to eat less and move more!
I don't care I have lost a stone and I will lose another 3 before Christmas and my colleague won't have.

I'v been getting this all week too with "try weightwatchers thats healthy way to lose wight" I say "yeah, tried it, lost weight put it all back on plus more, does that mean its the diet thats at fault or me?"
"well.... your diets not healthy, 3 shakes?!?!"

and so it continues all day. I just smile and nod now saying "aye, I see where you're coming from, but I've only got another few weeks on it to go"

Its a pain in the bum to be honest

Other people always think they know best, know it all's that know F All I call em! How dare they suggest weight watchers instead of what youre doing. You're doing what you want, you make the choices, it's your life, not theirs. I'd just say, i've never felt healthier and I look great! LOL

Mmmmmmm, I find the less I say the better. However, I have said nothing to my best friend because she'd give me such hell for 'not eating properly.' but this is the same person who gives her diabetic husband cake when he comes through the door 'cos he has keep his sugar level up' Mmmmm, so maybe I can ignor her dieting advice

and the update of this is... I did lose 4 stone and my colleague didn't. She did lose 2 stone on slimming world, but put it and more back on. To be fair she did support me afterwards and still says I did well, but it wasnt for her. Well it was the right diet for me and i would recommend it to anyone who has a lot to lose and struggles with slow weight loss

Sounds like because she can't do CD, she is jealous because you are sticking to it, if she had really thought it was unhealthy she wouldn't have begun in the first place.
You keep focused on your goal, she will regret having that lunch at some point, while the pounds fall off you, she will have learned nothing.......good luck to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it also doesn't hurt when you don't correct people (as i didn't) when they start referring to your cdc as your 'nutritionist' :D
abz xx

:D My dh refers to my CDC as my "dealer", her house as a "crack den" and the shakes as "your fix".

eeek! does he know you drink the powders not inhale them =) lol

Back