• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Can I have an OXO cube in water?

Day 26 and I am hungry. All shakes gone by 4pm so I was wondering if I could have a half or whole OXO cube in water here is the nutritional information:

Per cube:

17 calories
0.3g fat
0.1g saturates

Dam it I will get my boy who is an accountant to work out carbs

They seem to think it is a bad idea on here: Oxo Cubes : U.K. : Active Low-Carber Forums

What do you think?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
Ok my boyfriend worked it out per cube as follows:

Per cube:
15.4 calories
2.2 carbohydrate
0.3g fat
0.1g saturates
0.6 sodium

It does not say about salt on the packet so I am going to do some research.

Not a good idea because of the salt. Have you tried the savoury vegetable drink flavouring, which you can get from your CDC?

No, I dont think I will bother it seems to have passed I think it is because I only have 2 days until I have my AAM week.

To work out the amount of salt you need to multiply sodium by 2.5.

Therefore it would have 1.5 grams of salt in each cube.

When you think a Cambridge bar only has a 1/3rd of this (0.5 grams) then you will see how high it is.

On a normal diet you are aiming at 6 grams a day so 1.5 grams in one little cube is very high :)

Mike

Thanks. Sorry to be a pain but why do we have to avoid salt? I know water retention but could you not drink more water? Sorry if that is a dumb question.

This thread is years old! How odd.

Welcome, CDavies, but don't worry about iron. On the Cambridge diet, all your vitamins and minerals are completely covered by the packs.

I've got some reduced salt oxo cubes, lovely occasional savoury warm drink