can i live in potato's for a week LOL

gemma_

Silver Member
I go on holiday monday trying save every last penny for that..

i have all my partners 'normal' food in and that.

but with me havnt got much in but i have half big bag off potatos left have tinned beans/tomatos etc in some quorn sausages and apples/mullerlite etc enough last me til monday at least...

im planning on doing another green week as its cheap without buying all lean mince tbh LOL....but will it be healthy for me to make different potato meals everyday?

i have some packets savoury rice so can have that as lunch so be just potatos of some kind everynight?

Heya

It's not so much that having potatoes wouldn't be good for you, it's the boredom factor - your body will get soooo bored of you eating potatoes lol - you could get some mini frozen sweetcorn to go with your Quorn burgers or sausages :) or try take some noodles and stir-fry veg (which is dead cheap from any supermarket) and some soy sauce - that will be easy to cook :)

Hope you have a good time! x

Well, it's free on green so I don't see why not. After all, that's what people did in the 'olden days' when exotic foreign food like rice and pasta weren't known of in the UK! :)

Hello!

Im sure it will be fine, I always do green days as im not sure of the easy extra plan and im always hungry on red days!
I have potatos most days, i love them!! Maybe you could buy a bag of pasta (not to expensive) for yourself just to vary it a bit so you dont get fed up and go off track?
Hope you have a fab holiday
xxx

i have pasta in im just not keen on anything that goes with it tbh... i no longer like tuna without a tub of salad cream mixed in LOL just not the same :8855:

i doubt i'd get bored with potatos as id do mash and..... sw chips and/... jacket spud and.........boiled potatos and.... i wouldnt just have potaotes... ohhhhh i have some plain rice to.. and i have just invested in a spice rack with all spices so can learn how do spicy wedges etc?

i just wasnt sure if it mess my bosy up eating potatoes everyday LOL

OMG I could never get bored of potatos lol

sw chips
sw wedges - sprinkled with chilli or paprika
mash
boiled
boiled in skins
jackets
in a cheesy sauce (like posh dolphanise lol)

mmmmmmmmmm yummers

:)

OMG I could never get bored of potatos lol

sw chips
sw wedges - sprinkled with chilli or paprika
mash
boiled
boiled in skins
jackets
in a cheesy sauce (like posh dolphanise lol)

mmmmmmmmmm yummers

:)

totally agree! ive had spuds all week...mostly jackets (havent had much time to be inventive) and have thoroghly enjoyed them. as long as i have a spice rack, spuds will never be boring lol. good luck and have a fab holiday :D

thankyou... im totally in love with sw chips ... i prefer them to rnormal chips!

my partner had grease dripping sausages fried egg in loads oil and frozen chips and i sat with similar but all sw and his dinner really made me feel sick! and thoughraly enjoyed mine thinking im missing nothing!

It won't do you any harm at all to live on potatoes for a week - frankly I've been living like that for the last few months due to financial difficulty, it's been a life-saver! :D

Potatoes, rice, pasta, pulses ... damn cheap, very filling and extremely good for you. :)

tbh this is my 1st week doing green and i've saved a fortune, as not using extra lean... as my partner is junk food addict and wil eat fish (from frozen and things like that but hardly anything fresh... and kids pretty much eat same as me and blognase sauces etc ..

so on finance point of view i might start doing 3 green weeks and 1 ee in a month

Yep, I did green all the way and never found it expensive. I gave up meat a long time ago but I was going round the supermarket with my daughter recently, and I could not believe what she was paying out for packs of chicken and beef .... :eek: :eek:

I have a miniscule budget for food at the moment but I don't go hungry at all - homemade soups, veggie casseroles, chips and beans, risotto, pasta and homemade sauce - it's all very filling, for next to no cost.

exactly....... its really filling and im not forcing salad down my throat as 1/3 superfree for EE anymore lol...
ive not found this week difficult at all lol

Hi Gemma, i think you can live off spuds for a week, no problem hun! if i were you though, i would make a quick meal plan for the week. at least if you have planned 7 different evening meals etc, then you wont get bored! xx

i am going to try Britmums potato rosti recipe this week - grated potato and onions and an egg in fry lights - looks delicious!!! xxx god luck on your potato fest....!!! xxx

I'd worry about getting bored! We're 3 weeks into the diet and i swear the thought of another baked potato is making me wretch!

But i'm going to check out the potato recipes as i stocked up on spuds and they are just sitting there glaring at me.

Back