Can I lose 4 1/2 stone in the foundation stage?

chicken on a mission

Restarting to lose 4stone
Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been about much, life is busy busy busy at the moment :(

I had my last meeting of the foundation stage of LighterLife tonight and as of this Monday I will have completed the 100 days. :D

So far I have lost 4st 5lbs and have only 2lbs to lose in 6 days to have lost a nice round 4 1/2 stone, can I do it? I don't want to jinx myself :confused:

We had our 'after' photos done today and then given our before and after photos. Whilst everyone was looking at their before shots I really found it usefull to look at the after shots because it focused my mind on how much I have left to lose. Whilst I appreciate that I have done really well so far, the comments that I 'haven't got any left to lose' or that I am 'not far off finishing' have really been eating into my resolve although I haven't wavered yet. :(

The after shots have served to focus my resolve to finish the job in hand. I think another 6-7 weeks should do it which is a good job because I am getting fed up now :eek:

What I am trying to remember that for every lb I lose now it is noticed far more than the loss of the lbs ditched when I was 15 or 16 stone and yet I remember how delighted I was to lose them. This helps to keep me on track but I really want to start sitting up to the table with my daughter and having a meal that you need to use a knife and fork to eat. She is missing out at the moment when she should be mastering how to use a knife, especially since her dad gets home too late most nights to eat with her. In only another 6 to 7 weeks I can start doing the proper sitting up to the table for a family meal with her :D

Congratulations Chicken on a mission for getting this far it is a fair achievement and I know when you still have some more weight to lose you feel you can't really relax.

You have been pretty consistent so I reckon your calculations of another 6/7 weeks is probably spot on and you will feel so thrilled then with yourself.

It is hard what you are going through and your daughter will thank you for it as you will be a very good example to her and one that God willing will have a good long life to see her children.

It is at times like this I do feel Icemooses saying of keeping your eye on the prize rings home. I find it has become my mantra of late and does seem to be helping me along.

Fingers crossed for that 2lbs. to come off before next Monday!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Chicken

Well done on your fab loss on LL - fingers crossed for that last 2lb for your 100 days.:D

I did not feel any urge to lapse at all during my 100 days but almost as soon as I had reached 100 days I felt a bit unsettled, often thinking of food, and in a sort of limbo as I did not feel I had a particular goal any more other than losing more weight. I think its a great idea to set yourself your 6-7 week goal to have something to aim for. I also found it hard for the same reasons as you: getting bored and fed up, people giving compliments and telling me I didn't need to lose any more, and dying to eat a meal with my husband and twin toddlers!

I have been tempted to stop a few times in the last few weeks as I am much happier with how I look now but I know deep down I would really like to lose another stone and would be frustrated with myself if I didn't see it through to the end now, as I know I personally would find it much harder to do a diet like this a second time around to lose the last little bit. I know how thrilled and proud I will feel when I get to goal and how it will be even better by not having a little niggly " I would have liked to have lost a bit more .." feeling in the back of my mind like a cheeky mosquito.

You are so right about every few pounds lost making more of a difference the smaller you get - for my last 12lb lost I have gone from a snug size 14 to a comfortable size 12 (NEVER thought I would wear a size 12 in a million years - I want to have all my labels on the outside of my clothes!).

I think I will be another one "keeping my eyes on the prize" - great mantra. All the best and well done again.

Not sure I can offer too much advice being so new to the diet, but wanted to say how brilliant you have done, that is an amazing loss! lets see the before and after pics!! (says she who wont even look at her before pics LOL)

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!

That is amazing CoM! Keep your eyes on the prize as Mini says. I am sure you will get to your end goal and it is so close now you are almost licking it! Keep focussed and keep going, think of how inspirational you are being to me and how much I admire what you have done and be very proud of yourself and inspired to get to the very end!

You're so close CoaM that I can understand why you're wondering IF you can lose that 2lb to get to your 4.5st in foundation - but I'm convinced you will.

You've been an unwavering inspiration and have taken on this challenge with a quiet, dignified determination: I admire you greatly for that.

I know what you mean about getting fed-up though ... I'm finding it harder the further I get and the thought of another 3 months of SSing can sometimes be a bit depressing. I try not to think about it in those terms too often though - I try to flip it around and congratulate myself on how far I've come.

Here's to next week and that 2lb loss!!

Hi Chicken

Well done on your fab loss on LL - fingers crossed for that last 2lb for your 100 days.:D

I did not feel any urge to lapse at all during my 100 days but almost as soon as I had reached 100 days I felt a bit unsettled, often thinking of food, and in a sort of limbo as I did not feel I had a particular goal any more other than losing more weight. I think its a great idea to set yourself your 6-7 week goal to have something to aim for. I also found it hard for the same reasons as you: getting bored and fed up, people giving compliments and telling me I didn't need to lose any more, and dying to eat a meal with my husband and twin toddlers!

I have been tempted to stop a few times in the last few weeks as I am much happier with how I look now but I know deep down I would really like to lose another stone and would be frustrated with myself if I didn't see it through to the end now, as I know I personally would find it much harder to do a diet like this a second time around to lose the last little bit. I know how thrilled and proud I will feel when I get to goal and how it will be even better by not having a little niggly " I would have liked to have lost a bit more .." feeling in the back of my mind like a cheeky mosquito.

You are so right about every few pounds lost making more of a difference the smaller you get - for my last 12lb lost I have gone from a snug size 14 to a comfortable size 12 (NEVER thought I would wear a size 12 in a million years - I want to have all my labels on the outside of my clothes!).

I think I will be another one "keeping my eyes on the prize" - great mantra. All the best and well done again.

IWantSkinnyJeans,

I go along with every word of what you have just said, this would mirror my feelings so much...

I have not even got a look in as yet to size 14 and like that some days I can't even imagine myself in a size 12 again let alone size 10 which is my goal.

Then another part of me pushes forward and says I can do this and that I need to do it and when I get there. Yes I would love to wear my labels on the outside and show them off...This says I am a Size 10:D :D :D

Not sure I can offer too much advice being so new to the diet, but wanted to say how brilliant you have done, that is an amazing loss! lets see the before and after pics!! (says she who wont even look at her before pics LOL)

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!

That is amazing CoM! Keep your eyes on the prize as Mini says. I am sure you will get to your end goal and it is so close now you are almost licking it! Keep focussed and keep going, think of how inspirational you are being to me and how much I admire what you have done and be very proud of yourself and inspired to get to the very end!

You're so close CoaM that I can understand why you're wondering IF you can lose that 2lb to get to your 4.5st in foundation - but I'm convinced you will.

You've been an unwavering inspiration and have taken on this challenge with a quiet, dignified determination: I admire you greatly for that.

I know what you mean about getting fed-up though ... I'm finding it harder the further I get and the thought of another 3 months of SSing can sometimes be a bit depressing. I try not to think about it in those terms too often though - I try to flip it around and congratulate myself on how far I've come.

Here's to next week and that 2lb loss!!

Reading these posts is very comforting and you know Chicken on a mission we are all behind you as at the end of the day we all want to get to goal and we know the hard work and sacrifices that have gone into what has been achieved so far....and the rewards far out way everything we have suffered along the way.

I feel it is important to get to a place where we know and feel ourselves this is it!!!

You can do this and will...

Hi Chicken and LL gang:)

I know how hard you are all working to achieve "the dream"

You will lose that last little bit Chicken, and you will get to your ultimat desired wight. :)
I have been following yours and the other LL "gang-sters" posts , from which I am drawing the most powerful inspiration. I believe it's the effect of your success's that is driving me. I know that sounds a bit corny, but, it's true.

Your daughter will love having a wonderful, fit, and playful mum. I missed out on quite a few things when my children were younger. They used to be so disappointed when I wouldn't join the other mums in the school races on sports day. I couldn't face the humiliation of wobbling over the finish line long after the others. I realise now, that no matter what my size I should have run...or tried to.
I hope to have Grandchildren one day, and guess who will be offering to enter the sports day races! ;)

Remeber who you are...CHICKEN ON A MISSION go for it

Well done on sticking to it.

Lyn
x

I don't see why not!!!.. Well done on losing so much in such a short space of time :)

Wowee Chicken, I can't believe that your 100 days are almost up...they say time flies when you are having fun! And although we all have had some miserable moments along the way, the fun has been at every WI as we see the pounds melting away!

A four and a half stone loss is a wonderful achievement in only 14 weeks.....You deserve to be as proud as punch.

However, time and time again I've seen myself and others who have lost a bit of weight and started to look so much better get into a "feeling thin" frame of mind. In comparison to how we used to look, we ARE much thinner. I believe this feeling to be the chatterbox trying to trick you into eating. You know what your goal is don't be persuaded by anyone or anythng to knock you off your MISSION.

My plan at the end of 100 days is not to celibrate with any food or drink but to continue to SS until I reach my target (still undecided what that will be) I don't trust myself to taste food until I reach my goal.

I would also like to share icemoose's saying and "Keep my eye on the prize"

Hi CoaM couldn't not comment well done you.
You are one of the most helpful people I have ever met and are incredibly sensible. I am sure you will get to your goal no worries. Are you thinking of become a counsellor once you are there?
I would love to lose 4 and a half stone in my 1st 100 days. I think I have about 40 days left and 1 stone 5lb left to get there

well done CoaM

im also hoping to lose about the same amount by the time i finish LL in 5 weeks...i also know that i will need to carry on but i think im going to switch to CD to get to my goal...i have never been in a size 10/12 ever so my aim is to head towards that direction and see what happens...wishing you the best of luck...and you will prob lose more than 2lbs on monday so that will make u feel even better..

:D

Ok you lot should fell VERY ashamed of yourselves :(

Not for the first time I find myself sat her in floods of tears due to the kinds words expressed by you all when I have been at my most needy. :rolleyes:

I can't believe how hard I am finding these last 6-7 weeks and so minimins will continue to be my inspiration and needed now more than ever before.

I have to admit that I have considered becoming a LLC and sent off for the application but for the same reasons that hubby and I have made sacrfices for one of us to stay at home for my daughter, I can't put in the hours required (min 35) to be a LLC. I do think that this could be an option down the line if there are any territories free.

So I have thought about doing a counselling coarse with a view to helping slimmers deal with their demons to increase their chances of weight staying off once it has been lost.

Many of you may know that to my mind, sorting out your head is as important as losing the weight in the first place which is why I always try to stress the lessons that need to be learned when any of us fall off the wagon. What never fails to amaze me is how very different our stories and demons are. I hate it when comparisons are made because I realise only too well that it isn't a case of 'horses for courses' and my listening skills have improved no end :eek:

Whatever I do, I still want to be about to raise my daughter so although she starts infant school in September (far too soon for me because she has only just turned 4 even though she's ready!) I still want to take her to school and pick her up so we can talk about her day.

I don't know what to do at the moment. I think working for myself would suit our family life and helping others to understand the issues they have with food and work out coping strategies that can last a lifetime would be very satisfying indeed :D

Any ideas and suggestions on what I could do would be more than welcome ;)

Hi Chicken

Well done on seeing things through all the way, not like me! But I'm working on it.

You would make a a great Counsellor for CD, the financial outlay is far less and as far as I'm aware there is no minimum hours. I know the sorting out your head part is not compulsory to be a CDC but many C's do offer fantastic support, maybe you could do a part time counselling course now that your DD is starting school. No harm in being able to offer the best possible support to your clients with all the added skills you would aquire. Mind you, you'd have to be firm when fixing your working hours cos I think you'd be rushed off your feet and end up working more hours than you want to.

Cheb I have to admit that I was thinking along those lines but then thought that I might be being a bit of a cheeky git considering that I am sticking to LL as things stand.

One thing I know and don't like about LL is that there is a big margin to made by the LLC on it but I just think the counselling is still relevant to me at the moment.

If I could do counselling as a CDC to help out with the head work but at a far more affordable rate then I would be up for that because there is a sort of 'elitism' about LL that really gets my goat despite the graet things it has helped me achieve :(

I just hope to god that the NHS was stop fannying about and sort out a similar programme to help those that need it without creaming off a big fat profit off the top :mad:

Hi CoaM - just wanted to send you some love and my best wishes and prayers that you will reach your goal by the end of foundation. You are a brilliant inspiration to many people and we are all rooting for you!
I hope your wee girl has a brilliant time when she starts school - I remember my lots first days - and the trauma! Take care xx

It came from the sad truth that the NHs don't seem to have any provision to help obese patients lose their excess weight and keep it off by getting to the root of the reasons for their overeating. Despite the sad fact that ultimately those same patients will cost the NHS more when sorting out the resulting health problems!

BTW, you must have done CD for min 2 weeks in order to become a cousellor (I think)

It came from the sad truth that the NHs don't seem to have any provision to help obese patients lose their excess weight and keep it off by getting to the root of the reasons for their overeating. Despite the sad fact that ultimately those same patients will cost the NHS more when sorting out the resulting health problems!

BTW, you must have done CD for min 2 weeks in order to become a cousellor (I think)

That's interesting. Does anyone know if that is ssing or any of the CD plans?

Thanks nursiedeb :eek:

Back