can i pick your brains please

geordiegirl

hello everyone

i'm just staring on the low carb path but not atkins as such but thought you lot have so much experience you might like to help

i was looking to do the go lower program which is basically lo carb so thought i might give it ago my self till i can start with them

their plan recommends a cold breakfast type cereal with yoghurt on.....

and soup for lunch

for tea it tends to be meat and sauce type food which you add your own veg
Dinners - Go Lower

they also give you snacks

as you can see....... .nothing really difficult with their food except i'm stuck trying to find a low carb ready made soup for work , i work long hours so dont have a lot of time to cook , so if it makes my life easier shop bought would do nicely , the soups i've seen are over 30 + carbs per can

i understand we can have pork scratchings ............is this any make ????

also if i'm having a cooked breakfast on a weekend , can i have low sugar baked beans or tinned toms

how much milk is allowed per day ???

i know i need my greens every day , not a problem , i like them anyway but how much ???

also do i need to count my carbs up every day and not go over a certain amount???

i know , lots of questions , sorry , but i want this to work

thanks in advance xx

Last edited:
Hi geordie Girl, There is a soup thread on here where Laura C posted her home made soup recipe's they are low carb as she was on Atkins.

Not all pork scratchings are low carb I'm afraid, you need to look at the lables.

Good luck.

The go lower dinners are quite high carb - well they are for atkins induction - we are allowed 20 net carbs on that.

Back