1. Hi,
    I get a sore hip now and again and when it's bad I take voltarol for it but you're supposed to take it with food. I took one yesterday after a tetra and one after my 810 meal but I felt sick and sore tummy all day. I feel fine today so I'm sure it was the voltarol that caused it. Will the nausea settle down or shouldn't I be taking it at all? I was thinking maybe today have one with my cd bar and one with my 810meal. Should that be ok?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

T x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    hiya T,
    sorry to hear ur in pain.
    It really depends on how sensitive ur tummy is.
    I have to take Tramadol which is a pain relief drug that needs to be taken with or after food.
    for a few days i did feel sickly and it did settle.
    i have it about 40 minutes after having my bar and again after my jelly+tetra mousse trifle.
    However, ive taken voltarol before CD (although i can no longer take it due to liver problems) and i was always fine But my mother used them after a knee replacement and they constantly made her sick (even after a large meal).
    i would stick with them for a few days and if the nausea continues perhaps ask for a different painkiller which is a little easier on the tummy.
    gl with it and hope the pain eases soon.

4. cee-cee

cee-cee Dizzy blonde

Diet:
    Lipotrim, moved to CD
    Definitely seek your doc's advice on this one. I have taken voltoral for bad back, but any anti-inflammatory drugs can upset the tum (such as ibroprufen). So if you are having a bad reaction, tell your doc, or at least a pharmacist.

5. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I take it.

I make sure I take it just after a bar or milkshake. I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do but it works for me and doesnt make me feel sick at all. I risked it because of my jaw sometimes it kills so bad so I took 1 instead of 2, and I was OK but I would seek advice if you are really worried

6. annie_d

annie_d Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.97%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I take an anti sickness tablet to counterbalance. Domperidone or Maxalon!

7. Oh that's interesting. Do I need to see the doc to get that or is it available over the counter?

Thanks.

Tx

8. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    i had a bad back - an on and off thing. i took volterol with no ill effects for about a week.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.