Can I try again ? Yes I can !

Feeling a bit better this morning, made myself have a boiled egg, didn't want to eat but, am hoping that will give my body something to latch on to ?!
Hate that feeling of weakness. I have a very demanding job and sitting down all day is not an option. I work with adults who have a learning disability....means I am on the go all day .
I love my job but, I need to be planning sessions, going to meetings, etc.....can't do all that, and more, if I feel weak. Would like to book some leave this week but, we are short staffed already and that situation wont be getting better...so, will have to get on with it.
Hope I cheer up soon !

So, another day closer to a slimmer , healthier me.

Hi Delicious-Jax :) I know what you mean about standing up all day and feeling weak and a bit dizzy. The first time I did the diet, I was teaching, and I was not the type of teacher who sat behind a desk giving instruction. So I was on my feet all the time and yes, it is really hard on CD. How many packs a day can you have? I can't remember. It may be worth talking with your CDC and see if you can go on a higher plan, with a little bit of food. :)

Hi Elie,
Haven't got a counsellor yet, as using up last lot of packs from a previous attempt back in February. Really want to find a counsellor who is with me all the way. Will be OK for another week, so will have to make an effort to sort that this week.!

I am feeling a bit better today...yesterday was awful.
Have made an effort to make sure I drink lots and lots, not convinced I have been drinking enough.

I can see the difference in my body shape already....my face slimmer and my tummy has reduced enough to wear a skirt , that didn't fit a week ago.
I love this diet....it's not easy at all but, the rewards are quick.!

I know I shouldn't....but, I can't resist weighing myself in the mornings.
I am going to try my hardest not to get on the scales till Monday morning...my official weigh-in!:rolleyes:

But, this morning I did and I have now lost 15lbs in ten days !!:bliss:

I got on and off those scales at least 6 times this morning, as I couldn't believe what I was seeing.:eek:

I expect I will stay this weight for the next few days ...just hope I manage another 2lbs by Monday...as previous attempts at CD have resulted in a 16lb loss in 2 weeks.

Getting closer to the 18's by the day !

Been naughty today...only had 2 packs. Just can't gather the interest to even have the milkshakes or soups but, of course, I have to have them. I have had the most dreadful metalic mouth today....couldn't even drink a coffee because of the taste in my mouth.

Hope that goes very soon.
Had the pleasure of a work colleague asking me if I had lost weight today....made me smile!

Well done Delicious Jax, you're doing great!!!!! And I know about the taste in the mouth :( I drink tea to make it go away.

And go and drink that shake :D

OK, being a good girl today! Had my packs at regular intervals, though am feeling a little bit weak but, nothing I can't cope with.
I feel as if I am sailing along at a nice speed now. It's like calmness has come over me. There are moments where I want a Sunday roast but, this isn't for life, I can have a roast dinner but, just not in the next few weeks.
I have still got that tinny taste in my mouth and it's driving me crazy....such a vile taste.

I had wanted to sell my flat this year but, seems it's not a good time to try and do that, feel quite disappointed and when I realised today that am going to have to wait a year, at least, I really wanted a bar of chocolate!

But, am doing fine.....just have to go along at a steady pace.

Yay, another day almost gone :)

That's a pity about your flat. We're looking into buying our first home, and despite what they say about prices going down, it is still really expensive :eek: Why can't you sell your flat now? Would you lose a lot of money on it?

I could sell it now, it's a victorian conversion in South London but, before the recession it was worth £20,000 plus, more. Maybe I am just being greedy !! But, I want to buy a house and the less I get for my flat, the more mortgage I have to find for a house !

Just want everything to be perfect next year....slimmer body, new home and find the right man....maybe I am aiming too high! Lol

No, you're not being greedy at all :) You're being very reasonable actually. A house is an investment, and I would like to buy a house and add value to it, so I can understand where you're coming from :)

You never know, with your new gorgeous body, you may go all seductive on a banker and depending if you're good or not, you may not need a mortgage then :p I'm naughty :eek: Only joking of course.

Day 12.....already !
I am amazed that the time has gone so quickly. When I started on the packs, I was worried that the time would pass slowly, due to my obsession with eating cakes, biscuits, crisps and chocolate but, it sems to have passed effortlessly.:D

The weather has changed quickly , from warm days to a bitter cold wind...I wasn't ready for that !

I am off to Brighton tomorrow for a conference and am a bit worried about managing packs as I haven't told my best friend about CD.
There will be food on offer and cakes and biscuits at coffee break times!
I've decided to eat some chicken, if that is on offer,if I have to have 2 small biscuits at a coffee break then, I will. She knows me too well and she will spot any extreme differences in my eating!

I ordered 3 meal packs from another company, they are in a small bottle and you just add water, then shake them , so easy to put in my bag for tomorrow.:rolleyes:
I hate lying to her but, she has seen me try 4 times before and I want to wait another 3 or 4 weeks, just to assure her I am doing it and doing it right!:D

So, tomorrow will be a big test for me, am confident that I can get through it.

Hiya, wow, congrats on getting to day 12. I'm sure you'll be fine tomorrow as it sounds like you've already planned everything.
Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Thanks Tesieg1, can't believe it's now Day 13 !
And I have lost 17lbs as of this morning !!

Had a very long day yesterday, we put on a show at a local theatre, which had a fantstic reception and brought a lump to my throat on many occasions throughout the evening.

Earlier in the day , I had organized a birthday party for one of the service users and I admit to having a packet of crisps and a tiny bit of her birthday cake! But, otherwise, managed to not have anything else, as tempting as it was!

I am off to Brighton in the next 30 minutes....have an all day conference. I am shattered from yesterday but, I'm sure a bit of sea air will refresh me.....as cold as it will be!

Ooooh, last 2 days have been exhausting....was shattered when I got home last night
But, I had a good day at Brighton, we had a conference in The Hilton, very nice.
My plan for only eating a bit of chicken didn't work, ended up there wasn't any chicken on offer. So, I minimised the damage as much as possible but, did have half a chocolate mousse and a few biscuits and bits of fish, etc.
It could have been a lot worse as the food on offer was very tempting.

So, decided to weigh myself this morning as I know, tomorrow, there may be a slight raise due to being out of Ketosis.

Today's weight is now 19.4....chuffed, as I started 14 days ago at 20.8!
An, amazing, 18lbs lost, so far. One very happy bunny!
The beginning of week 3 starts tomorrow.
Oh and to make things even better, I put a skirt on this morning , that hasn't fitted for nearly a year and I zipped it all the way up, fits perfectly!

Ooooh, last 2 days have been exhausting....was shattered when I got home last night
But, I had a good day at Brighton, we had a conference in The Hilton, very nice.
My plan for only eating a bit of chicken didn't work, ended up there wasn't any chicken on offer. So, I minimised the damage as much as possible but, did have half a chocolate mousse and a few biscuits and bits of fish, etc.
It could have been a lot worse as the food on offer was very tempting.

So, decided to weigh myself this morning as I know, tomorrow, there may be a slight raise due to being out of Ketosis.

Today's weight is now 19.4....chuffed, as I started 14 days ago at 20.8!
An, amazing, 18lbs lost, so far. One very happy bunny!
The beginning of week 3 starts tomorrow.
Oh and to make things even better, I put a skirt on this morning , that hasn't fitted for nearly a year and I zipped it all the way up, fits perfectly!

Hi Hon, you are doing brilliantly! Wow, what an amazing feeling to fit into that skirt again, hey!
Good luck with week 3. I'm sure you'll be back in ketosis in no time. :)

Thanks Tessieg1,
no probs today.....sailed through it, happily! Hope to be in Ketosis in a day or so, should be fine till early December, have a weekend with 'girls' planned. So, no excuses to have nibbling days till then !

Week3 starts.....yay!
I have gone through my 'barrier'....I have always, over the past 3 attempts in 3 years, only made it to a few day or just into week 2.

So it's a huge acheivement to actually say I am into week 3.
Feeling good and feeling confident.
The key to my personal success, so far, is dealing with one day at a time and not thinking about the road ahead.
If I were to think about how far I have to go to lose 95lbs....I would curl up in a corner and cry!!!

I , also, know that I must not take this new confidence for granted. There will be moments of doubt, depression (my friend food has gone for now) and boredom with this regime.
But, right now, I am happy!

Wow, well done for getting to week 3. I am on day 1 of a re-start. I have tried to get back on this plan so many times, since losing 5 stones( and putting it all back on) a few years ago. So your success so far shows me it can be done, and am focused to get through today. Hope you have a good day.

Hi Garnet35,
Well done for your re-start. This diet is an all or nothing affair, isn't it!
It calls you back again and again!
But, the results are always so promising....it's just one of the hardest disciplines to acheive.
I have tried a few times over the past 3 or 4 years and always given up by week 2.
The longer I do it, the easier it gets....for now. Am keeping my guard up as I know how easy it can be just to step-off course and promise yourself you will just have a day off! I never seemed to have just the one day!
Good luck , hope to hear how you are getting along.

Back