Can I wizz it?!

kelly_333_333

Kelly Manton
I'm going to do the recipe for Cajun chicken burgers in the slimming world mag, I bought all of the ingredients but could not find chicken mince anywhere. I looked in both Sainsbury's and Asdas.

Can I just put a couple of chicken breasts in the blender for the same effect?

One of the past SW mags advertised a home mincing maching for £20. If I recall properly, it was so you knew it was lean mince you were using. I'd check with your C unless someone can 100% say yes, but I think it'd be ok. Minced chicken breast would be lean and it's free on red...so I would imagine you can!!!

xxx

i think the blender might just puree it, so it might be too runny! Turkey mince is usually easier to find so you could try that as an alternative.

I see not reason why not, as long as it is lean chicken without the skin that you are using it should be OK, or you could chop it very fine, time consuming but worth it, enjoy your burgers. X

i think the blender might just puree it, so it might be too runny! Turkey mince is usually easier to find so you could try that as an alternative.

Good point - make sure your blender has the right setting. Ours has an option that kinda 'minces' stuff but I would get a mincer (check your C's back mags for that ad I mentioned).

xxx

Good point - make sure your blender has the right setting. Ours has an option that kinda 'minces' stuff but I would get a mincer (check your C's back mags for that ad I mentioned).

xxx

My blender has on, fast or off! heh

I'm not attending a class so bought my mag at the supermarket! I might just try and slice it thinly If I have the patience! Would turkey mince give the same result or would it be dry do you think?

a lady at class made a bolognaise once for taster with turkey mince and i was like wow i never had this before and ya couldnt tell it wasnt beef mince

Using a blender will turn the chicken into a paste... not what you're after! You need a mincer or something, as mentioned above, with a "mince" setting.

I was also going to suggest turkey mince, which is easy to find, and probably lower in fat than chicken.... but I see someone beat me to it! :eek:

My blender has on, fast or off! heh

I'm not attending a class so bought my mag at the supermarket! I might just try and slice it thinly If I have the patience! Would turkey mince give the same result or would it be dry do you think?

I prefer turkey mince anyway tbh. I tend to buy turkey over chicken for cost and it tastes so similar.

For ease I'd personally get turkey minch ;)

Ok ok, you've persuaded me to go for the turkey mince! hehe. Last time I cooked with it I was about 17 and i think it was a little out of date or something :confused:, smelt disgusting! I've never used it since so fingers crossed!

Thanks for all of your help, I'll try get pics of the finished product!! Hope they're yum!

It can be a bit whiffy even when in date - but it's only til it gets cooking so peg your nose or summat ;) xx

If you really wanted to you could use very lean beef mince instead as well? The Sainsbury BGTY, or Tesco Healthy Living stuff is really low in fat!

Ohhh no, don't say that, will totally put me off cooking with it! Haha!

I could taste the smell of it last time too!!

Did you use turkey mince? What was it like? Were they moist?

They look really tasty.

Back