Step 1 Sole Source + Can mums advise on how they cope with ss/ss+

Scarlett

I am definitely at my lowest ebb weight wise- at 19 stone after having my 2 babies fairly close together and am 8 stone over my goal. Really feeling lost about what plan/diet to do, have 23 days worth of tetras that I ordered 6 weeks ago but I haven't managed to stick to a whole day yet.

The biggest voice/criticism in my head is that by following cd I am not setting a good example to my 3 year old daughter, who questions everything! We have always eaten together and whilst now im back at work we are apart more I feel that I don't want her to be aware of dieting or my weight being an issue though of course I thnk she knows I'm big. Just feel crap that its come to this, but I don't seem I be able to stick to regular diets right now, but I feel like I'm spinning round in circles, all the time wasting my life away and gaining more weight :(

Would love to hear how other mums feel about this. I know I'm not setting a good example to her by being so overweight, but as most of my bad/Snack eating is done at night I guess I kid myself that I'm doing ok by her.

Wow this used to be a really supportive, busy forum but I can see lots of questions/ threads unanswered... That's a shame.

I am definitely at my lowest ebb weight wise- at 19 stone after having my 2 babies fairly close together and am 8 stone over my goal. Really feeling lost about what plan/diet to do, have 23 days worth of tetras that I ordered 6 weeks ago but I haven't managed to stick to a whole day yet.

The biggest voice/criticism in my head is that by following cd I am not setting a good example to my 3 year old daughter, who questions everything! We have always eaten together and whilst now im back at work we are apart more I feel that I don't want her to be aware of dieting or my weight being an issue though of course I thnk she knows I'm big. Just feel crap that its come to this, but I don't seem I be able to stick to regular diets right now, but I feel like I'm spinning round in circles, all the time wasting my life away and gaining more weight :(

Would love to hear how other mums feel about this. I know I'm not setting a good example to her by being so overweight, but as most of my bad/Snack eating is done at night I guess I kid myself that I'm doing ok by her.

Hi Scarlett

Im almost 2weeks back into ss+ although I had a huge wobble last night and nearly came crashing off! Have you done CD before? I first did it 3 years ago and lost 3 stone but half of its gone back on so losing some weight for the summer.

What sort of support have you got at home for doing CD? I know exactly where you are coming from on the example setting front. My girls are 6,6 and nearly 4 so the eldest 2 are out at school during the day. Whilst they are eating breakfast I busy myself making lunches, tidying the kitchen etc so they dont question why I am not eating. Plus I have a cup of tea on the go so they dont notice anything unusual then. Their dad often eats breakfast with them too. lunch times I sit with the little one and have a shake, if she mentions it, which most of the time shes busy stuffing her face to notice, I say its mummys healthy food. Then I have my salad at tea time with them. I have heard of people making the soups up and having them from a bowl with a spoon, like a normal soup.

If you can find a way round answering their questions or hiding the fact you are not eating from them then I would say go for cd. As you said in your post, its not a great example to set being overweight but showing you are doing something about it is something positive you can show them.

Good luck, hope you find a way to do it as the results are amazing and you would be at your goal in no time xx

Im a mum of two both girls ,my oldest is nearly 11 and my youngest is 6. I sat mine down and explained that mummy needed to lose weight after nanny had a heart attack . Because mummy needs to make sure her heart doesnt get poorly too.

To be honest as long as dinner is on the table and their little world carrys on spinning after a while they dont even notice anymore.

Its quiet funny really now im on step 2 they see me with a bit of cuecumber i get "mummy are you sure your allowed that?" with hands on hips and arched eyebrows. Kids adapt and will really benefit from a slimmer happier mum!! Your showing them that if you dont like something with a bit of hardwork and determination you can change it and achieve anything thats one of the best lessons any mother can give their child x

Back