Can someone check if this is ok? Daily menu

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hi guys,
am tentatively back on sw as have hardly any money and done so well on this diet with my son.

I have a 7 month old who doesn't really eat much actual food still who I am Breastfeeding and therefore I am allowed 1 extra hex a day woohoooo.

Can someone just see if this is ok?

Bfast
Onion oomelette
bread Warburtons milk x10 syns (wowzers won't be doing that again)
butter 1 syn?

Lunch
x2 whole meal asda pitta (x2 hex)
tom purée
cheese (2hex)

dinner
jacket potatoe
beans
cheese (1hex)

Snack fruit, yoghurt

are the asda Greek style low fat ones free? As we have those at home. X

Are you following extra easy? If so the most important thing is to ensure that 1/3 or every meal is made up of superfree foods (non starchy fruit and veg) other than this you are on the right track, however the superfree is a really important element.

well done for getting back under difficult circumstances

some people find doing green days is better in a limited budget and then the 1/3 superfree isn't so important and you get even more healthy extras

frozen veg is often a cheaper option too

good luck on your journey xx

I'm presuming you're on green.

Your HEx's are okay.
If you want your ommlette to be more filling maybe try some bakes beans with it, or (a fave of mine) make with some fat free supernoodles in it (made up as directed on packet before adding to beaten egg).

I think you're maybe underestimating the syns for your butter. I tsp is 2 syns; a 10g portion is 3.5 syns or a tablespoon is 5.5 syns. Butter is evil!!

The yogurts are (I suspect) going to be a bit dissapointing for you as well. Most yogurts are 'low' fat, and aren't syn free. The ones that are syn free are the 'fat free' ones that haven't go sugars added. Mullerlights (fruity ones - check the choccy & cheesecake ones as some have 1 or 2 syns) or Fat Free Activia (these are lovely and creamy and usually on offer in Asda).

One idea for a low syn pizza effect lunch might be quorn burgers topped with the pizza toppings if you want to save your HEx for breakfast bread.

Looks okay but can you squeeze in more veg somewhere? I hate veg myself but actually make up a few pots of soup so I can get it in there somewhere - cheap as well as healthy x

Thanks guys

Haven't got much veg in till Tomo when I go shopping. Both kids are ill and was gonna make a big bns and onion soup but that's gone by the way by.

The new Muller greek ones are 1/2 syn each as they have sugar in but sooooooo worth it!!! Especially the lemon one and the vanilla and coconut one

Back