Can someone please tell me if this is ok?

It's from the new Italian book - you make pesto with basil, garlic, parmesan, FF vinegarette and stock, then add to cooked pasta, potatoes, carrots and green beans.

jaylou said:
It's from the new Italian book - you make pesto with basil, garlic, parmesan, FF vinegarette and stock, then add to cooked pasta, potatoes, carrots and green beans.

Thanks :) I really need to get my hands on the green recipe book! Don't go to group anymore and running out of things to do with pasta so thanks :) xx

It's not necessary to email, it's all there in the magazine recipes. If it was the case then they wouldn't have recipes which omit these foods :)

Yes I can totally see where you're coming from hun, just thought that if you get it in black and white from the horses mouth then it would put the original posters mind at ease :) x

I've been chatting to my SW today, as she has found out what I asked her about.

It seems the EE plan was updated in the New Year, and nobody thought to tell the SWCs in our area (no area manager apparently so they slipped through the cracks).

She has told me that you should have 1/3 of each meal as Superfree, but the rest of it can be all green, all red or a mix of both.

Also, the 1/3 SF rule applies to THE DAY. So if you have a meal which you don't particularly want to add a side salad too, you no longer have to - so long as you have had enough SF during the rest of the day so that overall you will still have had 1/3 SF for that day. Hope that makes sense!

I would imagine SWCs will still be suggesting that you have 1/3 SF with lunch and dinner, and also that it is a good idea to have an element of green and red with each, but you don't HAVE to.

Sorry for any earlier confusion, just passing on the info I was told at the time.

Laddiesboy said:

It seems the EE plan was updated in the New Year, and nobody thought to tell the SWCs in our area (no area manager apparently so they slipped through the cracks).

She has told me that you should have 1/3 of each meal as Superfree, but the rest of it can be all green, all red or a mix of both.

Also, the 1/3 SF rule applies to THE DAY. So if you have a meal which you don't particularly want to add a side salad too, you no longer have to - so long as you have had enough SF during the rest of the day so that overall you will still have had 1/3 SF for that day. Hope that makes sense!

I would imagine SWCs will still be suggesting that you have 1/3 SF with lunch and dinner, and also that it is a good idea to have an element of green and red with each, but you don't HAVE to.

Sorry for any earlier confusion, just passing on the info I was told at the time.

Thanks for finding that out Laddiesboy, at least it's cleared it up, it's awful when different people get told different things x

I'm really quite shocked at this - I've been doing EE since February last year, and this 1/3 of EACH type of food is not, and never has been part of the plan. I think the responses of 99% of the other posters on this topic would back that up. Laddies boy has obviously trusted their consultant - why wouldnt you - but boy, have they got it wrong - and what's more, when they've realised they are wrong are now claiming that its because its changed recently - it hasnt - EE has ALWAYS been this way.

If it really is their training, and they've consulted their area manager, and they have said the same thing, then that really is very worrying indeed.

Dont they read their own books and the website - it couldnt be clearer - 1/3 superfree and 2/3 free - thats ANY free food, carbs/protein - whatever you like!

The thing about 1/3 superfree whenever in the day doesnt look right either. 1/3 superfree is supposed to be about naturally controlling your portion sizes of the higher calorie foods to stop us forever having to get the scales out - so 1/3 of your plate, or 1/3 of your bolognaise sauce or whatever being superfree will automatically mean you have less of the higher calorie stuff.

I'm really glad this site exists - any time you get some duff info, you can compare it to the many other opinions out there - and go with the majority as its probably right.

(though if it werent for this site I also would never had heard of any daft urban myths like deep fried weatherspoons spuds either - you cant win em all I suppose!)

I reckon the consultant is just making the "it's recently changed" thing up to save face!

Back