Can someone please tell me if this is ok?

Heehee I bet laddiesboy will be pleased they no longer have to worry about what they thought they had to do!

That 1/3 red/green thing would make extra easy dead complicated and not "extra easy" at all!

Amazing that there are consultants out there giving people the wrong info though isn't it!

Me again, tail slightly between my legs lol

Sorry to add to the confusion, I was just passing on what my SWC has told me and my group MANY times, and to cover my back I did put in 'IMO' lol

I have always done what my SWC has told me, and have had losses on the scales ever week that I have stuck to plan so am gonna carry on that way. I would be very interested to know though if we have been badly advised on this issue maybe everyone could ask their SWCs' opinion?

Would be interesting to know if other SWCs are saying this as well, and if so which is right?

Sorry again for any panic or confusion I may have caused, losing weight is hard enough when you DO know what you're meant to be doing lol

Only thing I would add is to make sure your bread is a heb choice....ie a 400g loaf not an 800g loaf! And some muller lights have sins in...,so check which one and hopefully it was syn free!! X

Laddiesboy, I am VERY sorry if I made you feel bad, it wasn't my intention :eek:

I do appreciate what you said, and it could well be that you are right, though selfishly I kind of hope not because it means I have to start all over again - but again I am sorry if I hurt you.

Maybe if a few people could ask their consultants we could be more sure.

I am a bit concerned about the EEplan cos I do feel as if I am eating too much, and I don't seem to be losing much (yes, I have fallen into the trap of weighing myself every day) - but being on a diet (when I constantly ate rubbish before) and going from no excercise at all and barely going out of the house to an hours swimming 3 times a week I did think it would come off a bit quicker.

The only difference between now and last time I did it is that I'm older, and last time I ate less because I only ever did the green days (I'm not avege, just found it easier) so choice was limited...maybe it's the being older/more variety of food that is doing it.

This is why I am worried I'm eating too much now.

Ellebear - I made the mistake with the loaf at the start, but I now use the 400g one, and I made sure it was the free mullerlights.

Just - eleanor - I'm honestly not hungry at all - but I do have to say that if I had beans on toast or something I would have the whole tin of beans, and I understand they are free food, but maybe that is too much?

Will see how I get on on Monday (WI) and then ask for more advice.

Thank you all xx

I hope that I am having them because I am hungry, but it's hard to know for sure if you know what I mean?

I just know that after swimming beans on toast is fab and keeps me going without a snack until teatime.

I wil definitely look at the portion control though, as I did feel that I ate too much last night finished the plate out of habit rather than need.

Well, I lost 1 lb this week,so thats something..but still think it's awfully slow, especially since I am excercising too (4 x 1hr swimming this week)..I must be doing something wrong, surely?

Spotty Teapot said:
Well, I lost 1 lb this week,so thats something..but still think it's awfully slow, especially since I am excercising too (4 x 1hr swimming this week)..I must be doing something wrong, surely?

Well done :) every pounds a pound ad sw does say that if we up our exercise it's often a week till our true loss shows so maybe you'll get a bigger loss?

oh my goodness I am totally shocked at the information given by a consultant. It is totally incorrect and this thread is really going to confuse some people who are new to the plan.

SW headquarters should be sending out assessors nationwide to meetings to assess their consultants, as it is no wonder people are getting confused by the wrong information being passed about.

It is complete rubbish that a 1/3 of your plate should be red and a 1/3 should be green. That is not the extra easy plan at all.

You can eat from the free foods list unlimited and in any combination you like, the only concrete advise it to include a 1/3 superfree foods in your meals (i.e. fruit or unstarchy vegetables).

then of course you have your 1 HEa and 1 HEb and 5-15 syns on top of that.

The extra easy plan really is as easy as that.

The area team leaders are supposed to go and sit in on a group periodically, I've seen it happen once in 4 years and I only ever miss a group due to holidays....

Hi all

I went to group Tuesday evening and asked my SWC to confirm the rules for EE.

She said the same thing as we were told before, 1/3 green, 1/3 red, 1/3 superfree (fruit or veg).

I raised the point that there are many who believe the important aspect is the 1/3 SF and the other 2/3 could be red only, green only, or a mixture and she confirmed that it should be 1/3 of each.

I then asked about vegetarians as it goes, and she pointed out that in fairness Quorn and the like could be had as the red portion, but then went on to say that vegetarians would likely do green days anyway - which I tend to agree with.

She then said that if it were the case that it could be 2/3 green to 1/3 SF or 2/3 red to 1/3 SF then there isn't exactly much difference from the green and red plans respectively.

I trust my SWC implicitly, but I am also aware that people can be wrong about things, so asked her to double check her info was good with her manager. She did that and the manager confirmed what she said.

I have now asked her to get her manager to double check at the highest level possible, as something is clearly wrong one way or the other that people from different classes seem to be given different advice.

I am awaiting a reply and will feedback on here when I have it.

I hope others will be doing the same with their SWCs too, no matter how correct you think they are. At least one of them is wrong somewhere! And personally I'm not worried which of them it is, I just wanna know one way or the other.

In the meanwhile though, I would recommend everyone just carries on doing what they're doing if it's working.

Regards

Dave

In the meanwhile, I've fished out my own books and had a read.

There is a mention of 'encouraging ... balanced meals' but that is it.

In fact I would say the book does actually make clear you can have what you like, so long as you have the 1/3 superfree.

In fact, to me the book actually says you can eat all the free foods 'freely ... just tuck in anytime, anywhere' and only later goes on to say 'and for super-fast results, fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods'

Reading it from the book I would actually say we don't NEED to have 1/3 superfree!! Yet it seems we all agree that we do.

If I had to bet it would be against what my SWC has told me, however I am still gonna keep following it the way she has taught me - I've lost 8 stone so I know it works whether it is book-right or not lol.

But I will be back with an update when she gets back to me.

Well you would still lose weight doing it as your consultant has said, because as long as you are eating 2/3 free (in whatever combination) and 1/3 superfree you are still doing EE. The addition of the extra rule about red and green just makes it more complicated, and I doubt it's made any difference to weight loss.

The SW website FAQs have this to say about the 1/3 superfree rule:

Q: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?
A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

Honestly, before a couple of people posted it on here, I've never heard this before.
It will be interesting to see what SW say - has anyone emailed SW HQ via the website?

Sorry to disagree Laddiesboy but according to the book and my C you don't have to combine red and green in your meals. Any combination (or just one or the other) is acceptable as long as a third of your plate is superfree.

So Spottyteapot - you did it right, though could have done with some superfree at lunchtime.

I agree with you - this is the first time I've heard of any 1/3 Red 1/3 Green 1/3 Supefree rule, and if this is the case, then it's a bit of a joke to call this plan Extra Easy, because that would be quite complicated to plan out and stick to.

Thanks for asking Laddiesboy - but how confusing!

I do hope it's not true (not to hurt you, I add) but because if so it would make EE a lot more complicated.

I'm doing it at home by myself, so I haven't got a consultant to ask, but hopefully some others can ask too and maybe we can find a resolution.

This has been bugging me..... So, I've just flicked through the mag for the recipes.

On pg 54 - South Indian vegetable stew. No red - EE 2 syns
On pg 56 - Butter chicken. No green - EE free
On pg 68 - Grilled mackeral. No green - EE 1/2 syn
On pg 69 - Pasta alla genovese. No red - EE free

I think, therefore, that you DO NOT have to have a third red, green and superfree.

I have never heard of this 'rule' either. That would make the 'Extra Easy' a lot more difficult to do. I for one certainly won't be adapting to this way of thinking if it's true (Which I don't think it is)

Like Jaylou says, has anyone actually emailed SW HQ??? x

It's not necessary to email, it's all there in the magazine recipes. If it was the case then they wouldn't have recipes which omit these foods :)

It's not necessary to email, it's all there in the magazine recipes. If it was the case then they wouldn't have recipes which omit these foods :)

I quite agree Jaylou. Well done on the detective work!

jaylou said:
This has been bugging me..... So, I've just flicked through the mag for the recipes.

On pg 54 - South Indian vegetable stew. No red - EE 2 syns
On pg 56 - Butter chicken. No green - EE free
On pg 68 - Grilled mackeral. No green - EE 1/2 syn
On pg 69 - Pasta alla genovese. No red - EE free

I think, therefore, that you DO NOT have to have a third red, green and superfree.

Ooo sorry to go off on a tangent here but what's pasta alla genovese? X

Back