Can someone explain to me why wine is so synful?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I don't understand it..as if you're like me you end up peeing most of it out?? It's not in my system long enough to do any damage surely???:sick0019:

Also why is white spirits less syns than brown i.e. brandy?? etc as the same principle that you p!ss it out?

Can you tell I've had a few too many vino's tonight? :8855:

I don't understand it..as if you're like me you end up peeing most of it out?? It's not in my system long enough to do any damage surely???:sick0019:

Also why is white spirits less syns than brown i.e. brandy?? etc as the same principle that you p!ss it out?

Ok I guess no one is as synful as me...:(

I promise not synful all the time 1st time since January X

Hey Big Bear!
I'm not on SW but I'm on the vino tonight because it's my weigh-in and 'treat' day!. So, how many syns are there in a large glass of wine?

Hurray another synner, it's 26 syns a bottle )roughly) & I've had 1½ bottles. We're only allowed 15 syns a day.

I've had such a crap day & don't normally drink so much but got toothache after being to the dentist, he put a filling in the wrong tooth. My son who is 2 was like a weasel today think he's teething as has bad nappy rash & my 4 month old daughter was crying most of the day, I think she's feeling rubbish as had her 4 month jabs yesterday ( 3 injections)

A fellow Paddy I love it...XXX

Jaysus, I didn't even notice that you're a Paddy!...oops, are we showing our true colours here, lol. Ah God, you had it bad today so you deserve some relaxation. I love the 'weasel' description..my little fella is three and has me demented this week!. Wow, you have two babas, that's very hard work..fair play to you for taking up the SW. It took me about 9 months before I even contemplated WW the first time. I'm not bothering with diets this time and just eating healthy..and this is my weigh-in night, so I am allowed a treat!
I can't believe the dentist put a filling in the wrong tooth!!!!!..maybe he was also on the vino today, lol.

Me is from Monaghan but live in London. My mates are from Dublin...weasel is a polite description lol...

I thought you were in Enfield, Co. Meath!!!. Yeah, I could come up with more colourful descriptions than 'weasel' but it suits my little fella!

How is your head this morning BB!!!! Hope it is weasel proof lol !!!

Syns in wine could perhaps have something to with the sugar content !!!!!!!

Yeah, you only pee out the water in the wine, but digest all the sugar. Hence all the syns!

Whilst we don't follow calories on SW - wine is calorific hun! That's why it's so high in syns xx

I LOVE your reasoning!!!!!

Morning, my head is fine thanks Sue. I've just had a big 'fry' up was delicious.

So it's the blooming sugar that's the culprit...arrgh

I've got 2 days to recover from my synfulness lol X

Hey BB!
That fry sounds nice. I'm sitting in work now, boo. Hope you have an easy day with the two babas today!

They've been good babas today & I feel grand, I had a nap when they did so feel refreshed lol

Work on a Saturday should be banned lol X

Ach ... we all have to live after all. I don't smoke and sex is a distant memory so my weekend vino keeps me going. :cool:

**slurps 3rd large glass of merlot** :party0048:

Well Big Bear, did you have a curer glass of vino last night?. I'm going to be very good and wait until my Friday weigh-in..well, that's the plan so far!

I had a sufficiency of red wine last night! I used to live near Kells for a while when OH worked over there for a while.

This has been an upsettingly wine free week for me as I am on a course of antibiotics. Someone mentioned that First Cape do a wine that is 12 syns for the entire bottle, but I fear that since it is only 5% proof, I would probably end up drinking two of them :D

Back