Can someone explain ....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shinyhappyperson, 31 March 2008 Social URL.

1. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

How come I have such a great weight loss after a gain the week before for a weekend off?

I had a weekend off, put on 2.5lbs, then lost 7lbs the week after.

Another weekend off, put on 3lbs, then lost 9lbs the week after.

Any ideas ???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I guess that you are getting rid of your glycogen stores, which will have built up during the times you were eating ( usually 4-5lbs). Thats the only thing I can think of!

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yep, ditto what ruth said - definitely that (glycogen and water that is stored along with the glycogen)

5. Diva2B

Diva2B Striving to be good.....

Diet:
    Cambridge [allegedly :o)]
    I used to be a WW helper and often people who had been really 'good' wouldn't show a loss until the following week.
    Shame really, can leave you disheartened thinking you have been a saint and not lost weight.
    used to make me gobble more thinking I was a failure till I realised that my body took 2 weeks to catch up!
    As to why? sorry I have no idea!

Our bodies are the most amazing piece of 'kit' - i just wish i appreciated mine more!

M xx

6. shinyhappyperson

Thanks for your help ladies. I shall look up glycogen stores on Google and see if I can glean any more information.

Diva2b - I did the same on WW if I had a bad week, it is so soul-destroying to STS or lose half a pounds when you've tried really hard all week.

7. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Yep...ditto the glycogen/water retention. When you think you have put weight on, you'll have just replaced the water/glycogen and maybe have still lost that week. Once back on the wagon and in ketosis the scales will show the true loss from the week previously.

8. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    I always remember my SW days when someone told me, that the body takes about 2 weeks to catch up properly (apart from glycogen - as we all know how quick we lose and gain that back!)..

Love

9. shinyhappyperson

Thanks Shazpaz - your "during" photo looks fab!

Thanks Nikki and best of luck on your CD journey. No doubt you've read that week 1 is the worst, but after that it really is easy ... honest!

10. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Thanks hun. I cannot wait to post a 'after' photo.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.