Can someone help me out?

Ajoyner

Hi.. I'm so inspired by everyone's progress here I really would love to learn more about this whole diet plan. I have a lady friend who is looking for a good diet plan and am trying to help her with find something she can stick to that brings fast results. I may also like to give this a try too! I did find a lady in my area that sells the Cambridge products but here are my questions first:

#1 Is this plan hard to stick to? Do you feel hungry all the time or are you able to do this without a huge struggle?

#2 Is the French Vanilla any good?

#3 Can we buy 1-2 cans at a time..and drink 3 shakes per day .. or do we have to buy everything all at once and/or eat more than the 3 shakes per day?

The only reason I ask that is because I really don't have all the money up front to buy a 15 day or 30 day program all at once, but could buy 1-2 cans to start me off.

#4 How long would it take me to lose 60 pounds doing only the 3 shakes per day?

#5 How are the shakes made? Do you use ice and a blender or do you just mix in water?

#6 How long until you start to see results?

Ok. sorry for so many questions.. Thank you though for your help and input..

God bless
:)

I don't know that there are many, if any, people here on the US Cambridge Diet (which although it shares the name, is a different diet with a different formulation. We're mostly in the UK) - you might be able to get some info from the Cambridge US site:

Cambridge > Food for Life

hi there ajoyner
it sounds like a different thing to what we are doing to be honest, we dont have the flavour french vanilla, and ours dosent come in cans, i think the one in the U S is a diffrenet formula to ours....I will see what I can find out about the one you are looking at and I will get a better idea

well from checking out the link it seems that although a different formula to ours the fast track program on the US cambridge diet is a vlcd like we are doing.
I have included a link for you

Cambridge > Choose Your Weight Loss Plan > Programs > Fast Start

good luck

ps it is not so hard to stick to once ketosis kicks in

i dont really feel hungry at all you just have to drink the water

Hi.. I'm so inspired by everyone's progress here I really would love to learn more about this whole diet plan. I have a lady friend who is looking for a good diet plan and am trying to help her with find something she can stick to that brings fast results. I may also like to give this a try too! I did find a lady in my area that sells the Cambridge products but here are my questions first:

#1 Is this plan hard to stick to? Do you feel hungry all the time or are you able to do this without a huge struggle?

#2 Is the French Vanilla any good?

#3 Can we buy 1-2 cans at a time..and drink 3 shakes per day .. or do we have to buy everything all at once and/or eat more than the 3 shakes per day?

The only reason I ask that is because I really don't have all the money up front to buy a 15 day or 30 day program all at once, but could buy 1-2 cans to start me off.

#4 How long would it take me to lose 60 pounds doing only the 3 shakes per day?

#5 How are the shakes made? Do you use ice and a blender or do you just mix in water?

#6 How long until you start to see results?

Ok. sorry for so many questions.. Thank you though for your help and input..

God bless
:)

I would like to add to everyones reply. This is the best diet i have ever tried, and i have tried many only to give up and lose hope. I have been on this diet for 11 weeks and its easy to follow not to difficult to drink the water and stuns me when i watch the weight fall off so fast, i get excited when its time to get weighed, how is that for a fantastic diet with fantastic results. So very best wishes to you both and hope your diet journey is as good as ours.:D

God bless

Lynn

Hi, i am on the CD UK, but i can still try to answer some of your questions. We dont have cans like mentioned before and i dont know if the plan is different to ours, but i'll do my best to answer your questions.

1) I have only been on CD for 4 days. I was told the first week is the most dificult so i was dreading it. But it has gone well. I felt no hunger at all for the first 2 days but felt a little yesterday and today, but that was prob because i wasnt drinking enough water. If you drink lots of water it will prevent hunger and fill you up. What might make the diet easier is if you gradually work down to just shakes so you body can adjust appropriately. I'm not sure if it'll be a big struggle for me but it should get easier after the first week.

2) We dont have french vanilla flavour.

3) I'm not sure what you can do in the US but in the UK we buy a weeks supply every week (well i do). We usually pick it up when we go to be weighed by the cousellor each week. I pay £32.50 but you have to pay more for things like water flavouring. I should imagine that they would run a similar programme in the US.

4) With CD UK they say you can lose upto (maybe more) a stone a month (14lbs). So 60lbs would be about alittle more than 4 months.

5) I make shakes using a hand blender with water and ice.

6) Well you will hopefully lose weight every week so you will weigh less on the scales. But it might be a good idea to take measurements and weekly photos to see your weight loss. I am hoping to see visible results by end of week 2. Results vary though from person to person.

Sorry i cant be of more help. I am not familiar with the US programme but i should imagine that it is pretty similar if it comes from the same people.

You should get in tough with your local counsellor and ask herhim everything you want to know.

Good luck xx :)

Thanks everyone for your help.. That did help to clear a lot of things up I had questions about. I appreciate your time and care! I emailed a local counsellor but haven't heard anything back yet. Maybe over the next day or so. Looking forward to giving this a try.

Thanks again

Hi Ajoyner,

How much more weight have you got to lose?

Love Mini xxx

well done on contacting a counsellor, good luck with it all, you have done so well so far !!!!!!!!1

nat xxx

Hi Mini.. I'd like to get down to about 150 pounds or so. .. so about another 60 pounds. Right now I'd even be happy with another 30.

Thanks Nat.. Your doing so awesome on this program, I can't help but be inspired! I haven't heard anything back from the counsellor yet, but hope she'll email or call sometime soon. I'd really like to give this weight loss plan a try.

Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Now is a good time to slowly increase your water intake and cut back on your carbs as it will go a long way in helping to reduce carb withdrawal and you will go into ketosis much quicker.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini.. that's about what I'm doing now already.. The diet plan I've been doing (which I do like) is super low carb, lean meats and very little veggies so I'm already in Ketosis (which helps really well with cravings).. but would love to just "get this thing done!" like all you ladies on Cambridge. I like how you lose consistantly and your not wasting any time worrying about the whole meal choice and so on which I tend to focus too much on and it drives me crazy sometimes.. On Cambridge .. you just have what you need, eat only that.. and get the job done with no messing around & no wasting time. Especially with Summer time coming up here, I'd like to lose as much as possible by then. I think this would also be good for a friend of mine who needs to lose about 120 pounds. She's tried so many things already, she's really discouraged that she don't see results. For instance, she started a "diet" a few weeks ago.. it's already been 3 weeks and she has only lost 1 pound. I'm not sure what she's doing, but it seems that whatever it is isn't working. So, this may be something new for her to try and the results within a weeks time may inspire her to keep at it for the long run.

Either way, thank you gals so much for taking the time to help me out. I'm SUPER excited about hearing back from my counsellor. Which by the way, I noticed she DID try to call me.. I see the number on my caller ID but unfortunatly, I was down to the store at that time. Hoping she will call back soon!

Back