can someone help me with ketostix? Don't know how to use them

Hi There

If you were in Ketosis this morning, and have only had your CD products as recommended, then you are almost definitely still in Ketosis...so don't panic.
If you have been drinking a lot water then sometimes this can make the reading appear a lot paler.

I always tested straight from the urine stream as this seemed a lot easier.

If you drink loads of water (which you should), then the ketones will be very diluted and the colour difference may not be detectable. I find its best to test each morning as I'm pretty dehydrated when I wake up.

yeah as said above you only need to test in the morning and if you are stivking to the diet then you wont have to at all after a while.

I have tested at different times of the day and the morning is definately the most accurate. Remember if it is too dark pink it means that you are dehydrated and need to drink more water / allowed fluids. Also remember if you are having tetra's then you need to drink an extra glass of water for each tetra you have.

I am really dehydrated in the morning nowadays too. It isn't something that has ever been an issue before. It is good tho because it triggers me to drink some water asap!

Back