Can someone please help with advice?

Theresa1966

Silver Member
Hi i am currently on the Cambridge diet but my partner is doing Slimming World, I have a question and hope that some of you could please give my partner some advise please? They are doing Slimming World online and have been following the diet for 2 weeks now. Prior to starting SW my partner did Cambridge for 2 weeks but it really did not agree with them and was not able to continue, so far the weight seems to be going up even though they are being 100% good on SW and we are not sure why this is?I understand that coming off of a VLCD that there could be a slight increase but so far have put on 5lb and it does not seem to be coming down at the moment? This is quite frustrating when being so good can anyone please give any advise on this please?Thanks in advance Theresa x

Are they remembering to weigh and measure HEXs? That can sometimes be a cause for weight gain if not. Are they attending a class or doing it online. Might be worthwhile having a look at the older Original plan, which is high protein, low carb to start off with, as this will probably mean the least calorie consumption if they're just coming off of Cambridge, until the body gets used to eating regular meals again? x

Thanks for your reply can I ask what HEX's is please? so that I can ask if this is why when I know what it is? my partner is not in at the moment so I cant ask?thanks again for your reply x

Healthly Extras hun :) I also found this on another thread asking a similar question... hope this helps :)

You may gain initially as your body refills it's glycogen stores following the VLCD-usually the same as you lost in your first week.but then If you follow the plan properly-free/superfree; healthy extras and syns then there is no reason you won't lose.

Back