can someone reach over and grab me.......I am

bettyboo

Silver Member
sinking................Had yogurt and fruit and cereal for breakfast this morning, then a latte............at lunchtime I had a peanut crunch bar.............Every night I go to bed saying tomorrow I am deffo Ssing........and every morning I end up shovelling in Branflakes and fruit or something........its ridiculous to feel guilty about branflakes but its a slippery slope.............A friend let me down big time on Friday, found out she had lied to me about something pretty serious..........I am shocked and hurt and angry but she is 37 weeks pregnant so I can't say anything to upset her......I am a lucky woman, great kids, A lovely DH, nice house, good job etc etc etc and I cannot believe I am letting food rule my life like this..........I need a kick in the arse. Someone please help me. xBettyboo

Life belt at the rescue Betty Boo - grab hold.

I am very much the same as you in that I allow my moods to dictate my relationship with food. Not sure I have the answers for you - but wanted you to know there are other people who feel (and act) as you do. Maybe we can try to sort this out this year?? I certainly don't want my emotions to have any more control over my overeating - as it then makes me very unhappy.

Keep posting.

ok girl..... stop stop stop.... you have done so well and still are doing well.... bran flakes and fruit.... that is not a slippery slope.... it will bring you out of ketosis but its good food and be happy that you are reaching for good food.

i know the feeling of going to bed every night defo ss'ing the next day.... what the **** happens overnight?????

keep ur chin up honey... you have done really really really well!!!

love

Gen xxx

Hi Betty, sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment, it's just awful when that happens and we don't seem able to control ourselves.

Do you think starting at a higher plan and working down would help? If you have branflakes for breakfast then rather than think you've blown it for the day, do the 1000 plan where you're allowed some breakfast. It might help to break the guilt cycle and if you stick to that for a week or two (and you'll still have good losses) then ease yourself down into 790 and down again into SS. Maybe worth a try.

Keep your chin up - you can do it :)

You are on here talking to us .... and that's the important thing. You can draw a line under yesterday, today and start again ... we'll hold your hand and help you every step of the way.

Come on chin up, you can do it.

Hi bettyboo,

I think you put your finger on it when you said your friend lied to you and has let you down.

This is very upsetting as your trust has been betrayed and as you have pointed out your not in a position to say anything in fear of upsetting her as she is 37 weeks pregnant.

When we find ourselves in this position we feel angry, justifiably so, as anyone would feel so let down.

Acceptance is needed here....

Fist of all you need to accept that this is not your fault she lied to you. This is about her and where she is at and you should not let her lie define you.

Instead of internalizing your hurt feelings which you are doing now, try to let go of them.

My friend gave me a visualization technique this weekend to help me with a similar problem and so far I am finding it is helping.

You take the hurt you feeling and you put it into a lovely gift box and wrap it up with a lovely bow and hand it back to her and as you visualize yourself doing this also see yourself saying that this belongs to you I don't want it, this is yours and leave it with her.

Every time you feel those negative feelings this visuzlization will distract the mind and help ease your pain.

Emotionally eating is the way so many of us have managed our stress and it is not easy to find new ways of coping.

Try and get out for a walk, as twenty minutes of brisk walking can raise the endorphin levels and help lift your mood as will moderate exercising.

Beating yourself up, will only bring you down even more. You need to foucs on all you have accomplished so far, look at your before and now photos and remind yourself how well you are doing and take your energy back where it belongs... and that is with you.

Hugs.

Love Mini xxx

Have sent you a PM hun

sinking................Had yogurt and fruit and cereal for breakfast this morning, then a latte............at lunchtime I had a peanut crunch bar.............Every night I go to bed saying tomorrow I am deffo Ssing........and every morning I end up shovelling in Branflakes and fruit or something........its ridiculous to feel guilty about branflakes but its a slippery slope.............A friend let me down big time on Friday, found out she had lied to me about something pretty serious..........I am shocked and hurt and angry but she is 37 weeks pregnant so I can't say anything to upset her......I am a lucky woman, great kids, A lovely DH, nice house, good job etc etc etc and I cannot believe I am letting food rule my life like this..........I need a kick in the arse. Someone please help me. xBettyboo

I too am bending over waiting for a kick up the arse, I posted a new thread earlier too asking for help and advice as I have been picking too.

Hi

I went through a phase of getting up in the morning and not wanting to stick to SS or any diet really.

I thought hard and hard about how to combat this. And I did combat it by deciding which part of my diet did i MOST enjoy? I made my decision and started to eat THAT item for my breakfast. I never looked back.

Another thing I did was have my favourite item for every meal one day. That helped too.

Occassionally I would have my favourite item as an extra 4th meal.....it didn't seem to do much damage.

thats great advice Brad. Thanks a million.............Pancake tuesday..........pancakes for everyone bar me.

Still waddling around the kitchen with my size 22 jeans falling down.......it feels better than shovelling in the pancakes.

x

Bettyboo..................

New goal 42 lbs down by Fuertenventura..........12 weeks away

x

Bettyboo

thats great advice Brad. Thanks a million.............Pancake tuesday..........pancakes for everyone bar me.

Still waddling around the kitchen with my size 22 jeans falling down.......it feels better than shovelling in the pancakes.

x

Bettyboo..................

New goal 42 lbs down by Fuertenventura..........12 weeks away

x

Bettyboo

Absolutely - that's the spirit. Focus on your new goal & you'll be gorgeous in Fuertenventura.
x

Hi Bettyboo, glad you are persevering!

You've recovered from worse than this and I'm sure you will get where you want to be!

Mags
xxx

Back