can someone tell me about ketosis?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by California girl, 6 November 2007 Social URL.

1. California girl

California girl On a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi all
    i am nearing the end of day two of my first REAL attempt on a VLCD ive had a few half hearted attempts but never went more than 2 day s SS and gave up completely by day 4. i am currently giving weight-matters a go but got it on- line so no counselling - and so far so good but i havn't got any idea about the ketosis stuff and getting in and out of it etc etc. Should i be testing my wee daily or something if so do you buy the strips from the chemist, i'm probly sounding really dumb here but want to get it right this time.

Debbie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(24.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Debbie, I bought my ketostix from Boots - they were about £5. I am doing the Cambridge diet and I test once a week. There is a Sticky up above this section which gives a lot more information on ketosis. Good luck with your diet.:)

4. California girl

California girl On a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.96%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    thanks dragon fly that helps

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.