Can the party girl finally slim down??

How on earth am I MORE hungry when I DON'T go to the gym?!?!
I was starving the first week. I ate like a horse(stuck to free food). Lost 5 lbs. I think it was my bodygetting into the groove of loosing weight!

Hometime! Those sweet potato chips can now become a reality! Hurrah!

Noticed something else weird (good weird tho) - I actually have to push myself to eat my syns! I save mine up for the end of the day so I can have something nice and at least half of the time I find I'm just not hungry at all/full/would rather have frozen berries and yog! Bizarre. Especially from the girl who couldn't get through the day without a kit kat chunky or grazing on the never ending choc biscuits in the office!

Love SW.... X

Something very strange has happened this week - not only have the cravings gone but so has the urge to eat for the sake of it/overeat. Very strange. NEVER felt like this before, it's always been a mission. But 1 month without a day off and with no flexi syns and I feel like something has really shifted. AMAZING!!! I'm so happy!! I've got a bar of my fave choc in the cupboard that I'm chipping away at a few syns at a time but I'm actually really fancying the half a pineapple in the fridge instead! This is a whole new experience and I love it!

So weigh in was Tuesday - 1.5kg off! 3.36lb. So pleased! I think last weeks STS really taught me about listening to my stomach which I needed to do. Feeling very prepared for the rest of this mission! X

woohoo....that's excellent progress, no wonder you feel amazing!! :bliss:
xx

Dont you just love when you oversyn something?! Been putting my fave chocs as 4 syns as figured they were the same as Lindor but finally checked the packet to find they're only 2.5! Happy days!

Think this is the first week where I've really been in the swing of things. Got my meals sorted out (happily overloaded with superfree) and not getting thrown by random events which is good - Biscuits resisted in meetings! Had a mini freak out the other day when all my gym classes were full but managed to get a cancellation thankfully! Loving how much I love the gym!

Finally 'came out' last night and told friends about SW and my size zero/ok a 12 as my bones will never be any smaller than that aim. Even more focussed now as the shame of failure is something I hate! Seriously tho, I'm the toughest, most headstrong person ever but my weight has always eluded me. Hopefully not any more....! 23 weeks and 11.5kg (at least, but that's the first big chunk) to go.... Not feeling much of a loss this week but hey, just need the 0.5.

Now, just need to figure out how to pack my Sunday chicken sandwich favourite with superfree.... X

Hi just read through your diary, doing great. I'm starting on weds, going to my first meeting from weight watchers. Here to follow, hope that's ok :)

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
Of course hun! First time doing SW? x

Pah! I've done it about a million times, worst serial dieter ever!!! I lost most weight on Cambridge, going from 12 2 to 9 13 so have managed to maintain although I was 10 3 at last weigh in from Xmas gain etc. Been doing WW since jan but I exercise 4-5 times a week and am alway hungry/going over points so think this will suit me better xx

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
Ah ok!

Yeah I love SW as you never have to be hungry. Sometimes think I wish my gym obsession would count towards something but figure I just need to see it as a nice extra!

Good luck x

Yeah I think that's part of the problem on WW, you get activity points but I'd eat them too and more.... Just a pig really haha! Thanks hun xx

Well done on all the exercise- I wish I was as motivated as you!! I'm lucky if I do any once a week x

Well done on all the exercise- I wish I was as motivated as you!! I'm lucky if I do any once a week x

Ditto here. So impressed with people who do lots of exercise! Even if I had the money for the gym, I just am so bad at motivating myself to GET OFF THE COUCH. I really have to enjoy exercise for me to keep it up - luckily I do love Zumba and make that at least once or twice a week, but even when I know I'm going to enjoy it when I get there actually making myself go is so hard!

Really hoping to start swimming as well soon!

Luckily I've managed to get properly hooked on it! It's just part of my routine now as been doing it since last may but wasn't doing SW with it. I kinda hoped that when I got food and exercise both sorted the weight would fall off really quickly but obviously not. Surely 4 proper gym classes and 100% on plan must be good enough! Figure i just have the kind of body that just clings to fat - joy!

Oh and f@&king new gym joiners have thrown my schedule again! How are all 3 spin classes full?!?! Grrr!! X

Help. Please? I'm really not one for pity parties and oh woe is me but right now I'm on the verge of tears and could do with either a hug, some sensible advice or encouragement to just give SW up altogether. I'm easy on which!

So WI 4 today and for 2 out of 4 weeks STS when (I firmly believe!) I'm 100% on plan and not had one tiny little slip up and have given my absolute all to this. Compounded by the fact that all I keep reading on here is ppl lost today even when they had wine/takeaway/day off etc (if ur one of those, I am pleased for you, it's just making me feel even cr@ppier about myself x). What am I doing wrong guys? I log my food diary on MFP as I find it really handy and it has my target as 1600 Cals a day to lose 1lb a week. I don't really take notice of the calories, just do SW and exercise and I'm under 1600 everyday. It says that for last week I was 1400 Cals under my weekly target so nearly a whole days unintentional undereat. I never go hungry and I work out 4/5 days a week in a high intensity gym class purely because it helps me deal with the stress of the day. Been doing it since last may and never lost any weight as I was simply eating too much and now decided to do SW too to move the weight. But it's not going well. I have 2.5 stone to lose so it's not like I'm close to target. I've put a typical day under here so you can correct me if I'm doing anything stupid foodwise. Been doing EE and someone on another thread suggested trying red days instead. Apart from that, I really don't know x

Breakfast
2 pieces of fruit (either apple, banana, blueberries, clementine, raspberries) with fat free natural yog - superfree and free
2 slices of toast with marmite when I get to work (no spread)- HeB

Gym class - usually burn about 400 Cals according to MFP

Lunch
Something SW friendly from home - this week is spinach and cottage cheese lasagne, last was pepper and lentil bake etc - free or low syn

Snack:
Muller light and a piece of fruit if hungry - free and superfree

Dinner
Fish or chicken with a sweet potato and various superfree veg (carrots, toms, green beans, broccoli etc) - free and superfree
Frozen berries and ff yog if I'm hungry - superfree and free

Syns go on chocolate in the evening usually - either a choc egg (150cal so 7.5 syns), a few squares of g&b (about 1 syn sq) or some dark choc (2.5 syns per 50 cal sq) - or at weekends I use them within a meal

So there you have it! Feel free to dissect (gently pls, feeling a bit upset about it all). Am I stupidly thinking stuff is free when it's not or under synning? X

I think it's very hard to say when you just see a general diary. Try posting some specific ones for a few days and see if we can spot anywhere you're going wrong.

Are you drinking plenty? How many syns do you average a day?

Will see if I can paste them from MFP.

Def not water - I drink a big 2l bottle a day and more if at gym. Syns are between 7 and 15 x

Hmm, just trying to think of things that I've seen other more experienced SW'ers say to other people when they're struggling - there the two most often.

I honestly can't see why it's not working if you're following everything as you say. If that's the case, I'd give it a couple more weeks just to be sure but maybe it's just not for you? I know it works for lots of us, but it can't be that it works for absolutely everyone :(

I can't see any reason either but I do believe that sometimes our bodies just refuse to comply even if we've been good.

Stick to it honey, it has to come off at some point. It takes 11lbs to show a change in clothes size, but only 7 if you are exercising. Do you have an item of clothing that was tight before that you can maybe try on to see a difference? It might still be tight but i'll bet you'll see a difference in the mirror.

Chin up kiddo xx

Back