Can tinned chopped tomatoes count as super free?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by HannahNotts, 20 January 2011 Social URL.

1. HannahNotts

HannahNotts Full Member

I made curry with tinned tomatoes, 1 pepper 1 red onion 4 mushrooms, between 2 people, is tpgat enough super free food to count the meal as free? X

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jaynielondon

Jaynielondon Member

Oh, now you've thrown a spanner in my works.... Is there a requirement of superfree food before a meal becomes free then?
    I'm new to sw

4. HannahNotts

HannahNotts Full Member

If youre on extra easy then im told 1/3 of your plate must be super free in order for the meal to be free x x

5. sweets154

sweets154 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh heck. Think I've missed something here. I'm just recording foods eaten in my paper diary, not meals. What's the difference between free foods and free meals?

Passata (seived tomato) is Superfree so I would hope that straight forward tinned tomato with no stuff added would be much the same as passata?

6. Jaynielondon

Jaynielondon Member

Oh right, I thought that you can eat any of the free foods all day until the cows come home. I'm a bit confused by it, gonna re-read my books and talk to my leader to make sure I'm not making any other big mistakes x

7. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    if you look at your free foods list, you will see a section on superfree foods (which are unstarchy vegetables and fruit).

You should try to make all your meals have a 1/3 superfree included, this helps balance out your portions so that you are not overindulging on carbs and proteins. The carbs and proteins on the free food list are still free they are just higher in calories and of course if you are piling up your plate with just those and not enough superfree, you will end up eating over what you body physically needs.

Superfree can be included as vegetables added into sauces, like spag bol and chilli etc, or it can be served as veggies/salad on the side.

You could also fill up with a bowl of superfree veggie soup before meals, so you are not so hungry and again don't overfill your plate on carbs and proteins.

8. BritMumInCanada

Diet:
    Slimming World
    yes tinned tomatoes count as 1/3 superfree, as long as you make sure you dont buy the ones with added oil or olives, as those ones have syns

9. sweets154

sweets154 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.51%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Me too Jaynielondon! I thought they bought in the Superfree as a way to encourage balance on your plate and healthy eating but not sure if it's 'must'. Wonder if 1/3 is by space on your plate or approx weight? Going to email my consultant.

10. carlyb30

carlyb30 Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming worrld
    Am confused now too so are the only snacks on ee superfree foods and sims?

11. BritMumInCanada

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, first choice should always be superfree for snacks, but if you find you are not satisfied, then other free foods and syns etc are there to be used too.

12. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You're getting a bit confused. The meal would still be free because all the ingredients are free. You do not suddenly need to syn them if the meal does not have one third superfree foods in it. it would just mean that it was not a particularly good EE meal as it did not have an appropriate amount of superfree foods in it. :)

13. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is recommended that you try and choose superfree foods for snacks but that does not mean that you cannot have free or synned snacks. The odd one or two will not hurt but I would not snack on them all the time.

14. carlyb30

carlyb30 Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming worrld
    Thankyou!!

15. HannahNotts

HannahNotts Full Member

Yes thank you ladies <3 x x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.