can you eat pate on atkins?

Discussion in 'Low Carb Diets' started by justjane, 25 May 2008 Social URL.

1. justjane

justjane Member

Cambridge Diet
    Going out for a meal tonight and just wondered if you can eat pate as a starter?

Started on Atkins yesterday and my family life is much happier :D Just hoping the scales dont go up this week......
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

umm. ... what is the carb content of the pate you have?
  4. PinksW

PinksW Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    As a general rule pate is acceptable, so long as there is not a lot of added sugars. Just have a small amount and you should be fine :)
  5. justjane

justjane Member

Cambridge Diet
    Thanks ladies, we went out for a meal so I had no idea of carb content but was trying to think of things I could eat before I went.

Ended up having grilled goats cheese salad for starter and a salmon steak for main with broccoli and cauliflower for main. Topped it with a cup of black coffee - loved every mouth full and happily watched everyone else eat a dessert...... Now we are home and they cant breath, I feel great :D
  6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

this is brilliant. good choices and who needs dessert when there is cheese
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.