Can you ever have TOO MUCH fruit?

Sweethearts

Gold Member
Hello
After having a good week on plan, i've been reading threads on here from a while back and have saw that people have said too much fruit can negatively affect your WI result. Obviously I saw this and i'm totally confused!!
I have had quite a lot of fruit this week... I suppose it's down to how your body works/digests but it's an interesting one...Anyone had the same experience? x

I always look at it like this Linz - The plan allows you as much fruit as you wish. Fruits have natural sugars in them, so whilst I do eat quite a bit of fruit, I only eat it after a meal or when peckish, I never eat it just because its there or if I'm not hungry.

Lots say they cant eat too many bananas, or grapes as it affects their weight. I think as an individual its down to you. If you have eaten lots and its not affected your losses then it seems your not doing anything wrong, However if you start seeing a difference ie constantly maintaining or putting on, then you might want to think about cutting down on the amount you eat to see if it makes a difference. I hope this helps a little. Lots of people will have different ideas and personal stories, I think you should stick with what your doing :)

I always look at it like this Linz - The plan allows you as much fruit as you wish. Fruits have natural sugars in them, so whilst I do eat quite a bit of fruit, I only eat it after a meal or when peckish, I never eat it just because its there or if I'm not hungry.

Lots say they cant eat too many bananas, or grapes as it affects their weight. I think as an individual its down to you. If you have eaten lots and its not affected your losses then it seems your not doing anything wrong, However if you start seeing a difference ie constantly maintaining or putting on, then you might want to think about cutting down on the amount you eat to see if it makes a difference. I hope this helps a little. Lots of people will have different ideas and personal stories, I think you should stick with what your doing :)

Thank you, makes total sense. Just curious as to what others think... X

No problem, others may have a different opinion and thats what were all here for help and support. Good luck Linz

agree with texty-f, I find I have better losses if I have veg as my superfree with just a couple of pieces of fruit a day x

I agree again, it all changes from person to person. I eat loads of fruit and don't find it effects my losses, I wouldn't cut down on fruit unless you are struggling and can't see anything else you could change though

I have found in the past that my weight loss is fine when I eat lots of berries and melon but if I eat bananas and grapes it starts to slow my weight loss.

I only have 1 piece of fruit a day, i find it makes my teeth feel weird (to much sugar i think) when i was eating loads. I think ive told this story on here before but my brother was eating a punnet of grapes a day and overheard consultant saying to someone else that she should cut them down, so my bro asked her if he should do the same and she said no as the weight was still coming off pretty well. He didnt listen to her and didnt have grapes for week and lost 10lbs !!! haha.

I do think certain fruits should be limited but that is just my opinion as the sugar content can be quite high and cals can be high.

I have 1 small banana (mini bananas from aldi) a day at the minute for my piece of fruit or blueberries.

Ones to miss out or only have small amounts of are bananas, grapes and nectarines (about double cals of peaches)

The key thing here is you are reading personal accounts and opinions and not SW advice.

If you are eating plenty of fruit and losing well then don't worry.

Eat of you are hungry and not for the sake of it and you'll be fine. If you start to worry about fruit sugar then you'll start to over think things.

Fruit is super free, it is good for you.

When people say they cut bananas out and lost tons of weight, it makes me wonder how many they must have been eating as I don't see how a 100 cal banana a day can stop you losing!!!

absolutely Jaylou, we all have different bodies and different things work

one of our local consultants has lost 15 stone and eats 10 or so bananas a day, she even has a monkey had she puts on sometimes if she'd covering a group lol, if it works for you just do it

xx

I don't reduce the fruit I have - if I'm hungry I eat it and stop when I'm not. I did find tho in the past that grapes did result in a lower weightloss but still a loss. :)

Hello
After having a good week on plan, i've been reading threads on here from a while back and have saw that people have said too much fruit can negatively affect your WI result. Obviously I saw this and i'm totally confused!!
I have had quite a lot of fruit this week... I suppose it's down to how your body works/digests but it's an interesting one...Anyone had the same experience? x[/QUOTE
I nosey round quite a few websites picking up bits of info along the way.There,s a guy on the Atkins website who was replying to someone who had stalled after increasing her fruit intake (you can have berries on Atkins after 2 weeks).He replied that 'fruit is just sugar with good PR'Apparently its due to the fact that although fruit is good for us in limited amounts the body still treats it as sugar albeit a different kind to processed junk,so limiting it to a couple of portions a day and having a lot more veg makes more sense.
Sal

Last edited:
pomelo.jpg

Anyone tried these??? Its a honey pomelo - a cross between a melon and a grapefruit. I tried some today it just tastes like a grapefruit only not so bitter

It was in a local fruit n veg shop they're from Asia I think, ive never seen them before £1 29. I wouldnt rush out to buy another just wanted to try it lol

Back