Can you get anything from the chip shop on a green day and still be within your syns?

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
Is it possible? My family are having a chip shop tea and I haven't had any syns yet so I wondered if there is anything I could have within my syns allowance? :)

green day
not sure how many syns a day you are having
but
cod with batter off is 9
saveloy is 9.5
fish cake 7
they are the ones under 10

Irene xx

Mushy peas are free- lol

xxxx

I wouldn't risk it......

woops removed . . . hadn't read that you were doing a green day ... sorry

Last edited:
take the batter off the fish and have it with a lovley salad and some tinned potatoes / smash if you don't want to make wedges to go with it xxx

might as well by fish from the shop if shes going to do that lol... fish is pricey from the chippy!! :D

i really dont think i could trust myself buying fish out the chippy and taking off the batter, thats the best part off it. xx

i think the answer is give it a miss if your on green as a meal of mushy peas is probably a bit bland!! you could always have some salt and vinegar! lol

I used to work in a chippy and it is possible to ask for the fish cooked without the batter so no need to have it on side of your plate tempting you to just have a 'bit'!! suppose youd have to go to a friendly chippy!! we always had strange requests!

I used to work in a chippy and it is possible to ask for the fish cooked without the batter so no need to have it on side of your plate tempting you to just have a 'bit'!! suppose youd have to go to a friendly chippy!! we always had strange requests!

I think part of the idea is that the oil soaks into the batter so you take it off - if you cooked it without batter some of the oil would be absorbed into the fish.

Yes I was always of the understanding that if the fish is cooked in batter, the fish is simply steamed as the batter takes all the impact! Otherwise why would SW state it's free in the eating out guide- they're usually the ones who lay down the law to protect us against the dangers of hidden syns (like cooking fruit, smoothies, pasta n sauce quiches etc etc) I don't think they'd make such a statement if it wasn't safe!! I think the danger is more in the temptation of nibbling bits of batter once you've removed it!!X

Luckily for me, I've got a really "Slimming World Friendly" chippie near me because they do baked potatoes with mushy peas or beans! That's what I opt for when everyone else is having a chippie tea! It means I don't have to make something separate for myself, or feel left out! I ALWAYS make SURE they don't sabotage it with butter, and I always add some salt & pepper, with a little vinegar in the shop, especially if I'm eating it "on the go" with the others ..... but unfortuneately not all chippies will have this option! Sorry! Other than that, I'd just have to say "no thanks" I'm afraid! I don't think I'd be able to munch on pickles while the others had chips!

Otherwise why would SW state it's free in the eating out guide- they're usually the ones who lay down the law to protect us against the dangers of hidden syns (like cooking fruit, smoothies, pasta n sauce quiches etc etc) I don't think they'd make such a statement if it wasn't safe!!

AAAAARRRGGHH help = what do you mean about pasta n sauce quiches..... are these bad now?? I make them all the time..... I'm worried now.... :eek::eek::eek:

Back