Can you have a normal family and social life while on the cambridge diet?

rachellee

Hi all
Is it possible to have a normal family and social life while on the cambridge diet? I haven't started the cambridge diet yet, but am planning to do so in 3 weeks. I live together with my other half, and am in charge of the cooking. Is it weird that he eats normal food while I am eating the cambridge packs? Does it change the mood and atmosphere of the meal?

ALso, how do you guys handle your social life? My OH and I often meet friends for dinner. How did you handle going out for meals while being on the cambridge diet?

Thanks!

Welcome

I was on SS+ add skimmed milk or a small meal first time around on CD.

I have an active social life :D and nothing was gonna stop it!!

I went on many meals out and just had chicken salads/tuna salads.. and that was it!

Nights out just drank fizzy water..with a straw lol looked like a proper drink then :D

There are ways around it aint its not forever ;)

You aint got much to lose have you so you wont be on it long anyway!

Good luck xx

Hi, im not on the cambridge diet, but have been on a few diffrent diets, including atkins and ww, and now am just a calorie counter, but i think people on any diet ask this question at some point. Diets dont have as much of an impact as i first thought, but the truth is they do change things. Meal times with the family can be just as enjoyable, its still time together after all, when i was cooking meals for my family whilst on a diet, id have chewing gum so that i wasnt tempted to try it as i was cooking, and most nights id make them exactly what i was having and just add potatoes or pasta to theirs. With the social life i have no advice as i admit i go out alot less when on a diet, but in a way it can help your social life, because after a few strict months you feel more confident to go out and have a good time. If you do go out for a meal, maybe just order fish or chicken, but if your being really stict id try to avoid it as you never know whats in food when your eating out, if you think its just for a few months and then you wont have to be soooo strict its easier :)
for now, maybe have some close friends round? and dont be tempted to order in pizza and chinese lol :)
Sorry to ramble on, good luck with everything

I am feeling a bit down at the mo- all my friends are off out for dinner and drinks tonight. I can't sit there and not eat or drink so am home alone :( I know it will be worth it in the long run but feel sorry for myself now!!

you can totally live a normal life on CD !! I sit down with DH and the kids when they eat and have my shake or bar , no problem . It is tough to start wit , you may feel jeleous and fed up but soon you start to feel strong :)
as for going out , i didnt have a problem with sitting drinking water and having a shake or bar when out with friends . i sometimes had a SS+ meal such as grilled chicken or tuna and salad so if you think you could do this and stick to t and get back on track the next day it wouldnt harm your losses to do it now and again

just remeber you will only be on the diet for a short time , food and meals out wll still be there when you are at your goal weight ... which with CD wont be long :)

I can't help with the family aspect, I live alone. But all the way through Cambridge I never turned down a social evening. I found that when I was in restaurants I would try and look at the menu in advance and work out what had the lowest carbs. Restaurants will usually customise by leaving off the naughty bits.

The other posters are perfectly right to say that going out for meals on SS+ is possible by sticking to low-carb salad options. But doing SS is no barrier, either! I've been to countless restaurants - some of them, in fact, the poshest in London! - and stuck to my shakes without problems. Just give your sachet to the server and ask for the chef to blend it with crushed ice, add a straw... and voila. Gourmet Cambridge. ;)

At 130lb your bmi would be 25.5 so you can ss downto your goalweight if you want and then work up through.. Chances are you'll only be SSing for 5-6 weeks anyway! Just SS+ if you go out and I've not found cooking for hubby or children a problem - even having dinner parties has been ok!

At 130lb your bmi would be 25.5 so you can ss downto your goalweight if you want and then work up through.. Chances are you'll only be SSing for 5-6 weeks anyway! Just SS+ if you go out and I've not found cooking for hubby or children a problem - even having dinner parties has been ok!

im sorry but this is incorrect. you cannot ss to goal you must move up to at least the 810 step when you reach bmi 25 but you can then continue on 810 to goal before working up the plan

your meant to be bmi 25 + 1 stone if you are just starting cambridge and wish to do ss or ss+

810 is a good plan and certainly do able at a resturant. chicken salad, fish and cabbage etc

ahhh right, i see the girls goal bmi is 25.4 not her start bmi, ignore me, lol

Personally I can't do the whole SS thing and social life. I tend to lock myself away then when I can't get out of a social event fall off the wagon.

Many people manage it though

xxx

Back