Can you have Linseed and stay in Ketosis?

Lesley:o)

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if you can have Linseed when doing LLT? Will I stay in ketosis? I was thinking about adding it to my porridge.

Thanks
Lesley

Ooh, really not sure but I have to say I seriously doubt it - my LLC wouldn't even let me have cinammon on mine! When in doubt, abstain and ask your Counsellor would be my advice. :)

I have cinnamon in my porridge all the time. Don't know about linseed.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

She said you cant have Linseed, so it's just as well I didn't have any! Still, I managed to loose 10lbs in my first week, so I'm really pleased.

you can have cinnamon on your porridge, it makes no difference to weight loss...but a lot of difference to the taste!

Well I've been told it's ok to have it as it's a spice not a herb. I've been having it from day 1 with no side effects.

it should say in your book what flavourings you are allowed. mine is from 2009 and it says pepper, salt to taste not too much though as it can aid water retention and tobasco. if its not listed were not allowed it, has this list changed? xx

You got told off?! I'm really not sure how helpful that is.

We were told we were allowed cinnamon as it made no difference to ketosis. I finished LL over a year ago now though so it might has changed but I'll speak to my LLC and see. I guess it depends on the LLC's opinion really. As you can see from my tracker it made no difference to my weight loss so I'd say it's entirely you're decision. There's nothing in cinnamon that will take you out of ketosis and I'm not sure I could have eaten the porridge without it!

it should say in your book what flavourings you are allowed. mine is from 2009 and it says pepper, salt to taste not too much though as it can aid water retention and tobasco. if its not listed were not allowed it, has this list changed?

No change Carrie, that is sadly all that is listed. :p

I agree that it is difficult to understand how a little spice could make any difference to ketosis, but my LLC was very definite that it was a no-no. Pity I asked...

Well like Rachel and I said we've been using cinnamon throughout our abstinence and it hasn't made any difference. In the LLL book lots of other spices are listed and since LLL as a concept is works the same as Total (as in it puts you in ketosis) I don't see what's the big deal about a sprinkle of it in your porridge.
Each to their own but I'm a grown ass woman and if I was to be 'told off' by anyone I'd tell them where to go :)

No change Carrie, that is sadly all that is listed. :p

I agree that it is difficult to understand how a little spice could make any difference to ketosis, but my LLC was very definite that it was a no-no. Pity I asked...
Hey, dale... it seems it hasn't effected the losses of others on this thread, so why not just give it a go! If you find for some freak reason, if does inhibit your losses, you can stop using it... :D

xx

Yay - permission from Pinkie, that's good enough for me! (pity I can't stand the porridge anymore :D )

It tastes sooooo much better with cinnamon!! You have no idea ;)

the other girl that was told off still done it, just didnt say anything to the llc again lol. my thing is if i did that i would be looking at other things to try.... as ive said before im an all or nothing type of gal and its the little things that end up mounting into binges and things. i didnt do it properly 1st time hence why im back so im sticking with the programme till the end as it should be done. if i ever try the porridge again ( i went totally off it last time) ill try it with my water flavouring. ive read on here that that is a great alternative........ its just the consistency.... yeuch!! xx

Completely understand the all or nothing concept carrie so can understand why you might want to avoid adding anything other than what is recommended. Otherwise you're right, psychologically it could lead to adding other stuff. Once you've added a three course meal to make your porridge taste better you know you've gone too far!
If you can stomach it without then it might be better but I think the general consensus is that cinnamon doesn't make a difference to weight loss. Hope you keep enjoying the results of LL!

Back