can you join club at target??

*honey

Silver Member
Hi guys,

Was just wondering if you could join club already at Target?? an odd question i know, why would i want to? I have lost my weight following the plan just on my own at home. But really fancy the idea of potentially being a consultant, so therefore need to be a member!
My husband goes, but rarely stays past WI, says i'd benefit more from class, and the swapping of tips etc as i am the one in charge of the food!

so any ideas???

I am not sure that you can. I *think* but would need to check, that you need to have 7lb or more to lose. Might be worth emailing SW headquarters and asking them, given that the reason you are asking is because you want to work for them!

Thanks guys, I have emailed SW to see what they say....... maybe i'll have to put 7lb on to join.....lol that would be silly!

I thought you had to be 10lbs heavier? Or that might have been weight watchers?

Do you HAVE to be a member to become a consultant?

Do you HAVE to be a member to become a consultant?

Errrr I would think so. Following the plan is one thing, knowing the meeting, meeting people, literature and really being part of it all is another.

i'm sure i could *easily* put 7lbs on to re lose....lol

Well i emailed them saying i was at target but really interested in potentially becoming a consultant, and understand i need to be a member. What do they advise?
will post response when i get one.

very easy to gain 2 or 3lb by wearing heavy clothes ;) experiment on your scales at home ok so maybe not ideal and cheating the system but who is to know but yourself then once at target you can apply to be cosultant

My plan if I decided to drop my target was to go 3lb under(which is allowed then wear heavier clothes while I tried to lose the remaining 4lb then set my new target and go back to my usual weigh in clothes havnt managed to lose anymore since being at target tho so not tried out the theory yet :D

very easy to gain 2 or 3lb by wearing heavy clothes ;) experiment on your scales at home ok so maybe not ideal and cheating the system but who is to know but yourself then once at target you can apply to be cosultant

My plan if I decided to drop my target was to go 3lb under(which is allowed then wear heavier clothes while I tried to lose the remaining 4lb then set my new target and go back to my usual weigh in clothes havnt managed to lose anymore since being at target tho so not tried out the theory yet :D

Theres and idea...lol would seem silly to have to gain 7lbs to join a weight loss club hahahah!

will await SW response.

Who is to know?? Well, just all the people reading this. Which includes consultants and SW staff.

lol.
luckily i wont be joining as *honey.............. so know one will know its meeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehehe

This is just my opinion, and obviously the only one that matters is that of the recruitment people, but I would be a little suspicious and more reluctant to recruit someone who had only recently joined, quickly lost the 7lb they arrived with and then asked to become a consultant, over someone who had say, been a member for 12-18 months, struggled at times, was able to demonstrate an understanding of what that felt like, and had shown a clear commitment to the plan by attending and paying for classes.

Now, in this case, obviously you DO understand the plan and it has worked for you, but you havent been able to stick your hand in your pocket and pay to attend the classes, so they have no evidence of this commitment. I think they have very good reasons for saying that you must be a current member when applying, and whilst in this case, if they say go ahead, you would be, for all they know you lost the weight by any old method and are not a proven example of how well the plan works.

I really dont mean to be negative or put a downer on your plans, and it is just MY opinion.

lol.
luckily i wont be joining as *honey.............. so know one will know its meeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehehe

Although it is possible that a consultant in Suffolk might be looking out for someone of your height and weight!!

OK - probably not, but if someone wanted to identify you, it really wouldn't be hard.

Back