Can you recommend a hotel in Plymouth?

Karen1972

Gold Member
Hi

Next week (Wednesday) i have to stay overnight in Plymouth for work. I don't know Plymouth at all but would like to stay somewhere central and close to where the action is as i will be meeting Peter there for a drink.

Looking on t'internet, the copthorne looks quite central - but is it really?? Or can anyone recommend somewhere better. Something up to the £100 mark would be good...

Thanks!

u dont get much more central than the colpthorne! its a nice hotel too. i have lived here for 4 years so know plymouth pretty well. there are also hotels on the Hoe which is central ( a couple minute walk from the colpthorne). umm...u could try "the quality hotel" and there are also guest houses scattered around the hoe if u want something cheaper.

hope that helps!

xxx

u dont get much more central than the colpthorne! its a nice hotel too. i have lived here for 4 years so know plymouth pretty well. there are also hotels on the Hoe which is central ( a couple minute walk from the colpthorne). umm...u could try "the quality hotel" and there are also guest houses scattered around the hoe if u want something cheaper.

hope that helps!

xxx

Thanks Karen, that's great, ive just booked it!

i hope this peter is yummy and that u have a great time (except the crappy having to work bit lol)

does he live here? if not then i will think of a couple of good places to go for a drink. (cos if he dont live here he will be clueless)

on second thoughts, theres always the hotel bar! i wouldnt reckon that though if u r adament to not invite him to your room tho. way to easy to drift up the stairs lol.

enjoy our lovely town xxxx

Cheers Karen some recommendations of bars would be great!!!

I've been seeing Peter for a couple of weeks and that will be our fourth or fifth date. He lives locally to me but is working in St Austell for 3 months - he's a site manager for a building project down there. So as i'm down that way next week for work too we are taking the opportunity to meet up!

Thanks again! The Copthorne looks really nice and quite reasonable at £87! He prob will be staying overnight with me, so i've had to book the room for 2 people - hopefully that won't show on the invoice i have to give to work to claim back on my expenses haha!

oooo excellent!

ok, will think of a few nice bars and restaurants by the hotel and post back!

i think the best thing u can do is walk down to the barbican. u can get a cab as well but its a 10 min walk from ur hotel or a 2 minute cab ride.

it is crammed with bars, pubs and lovely resaurants all overlooking the water. all the sailors and drunk teens go to union street so avoid that! the barbican is all cobble stone streets and much nicer people. theres jazz bars and all kindsa foody/drinky places. i recommend the italian restaurant. nothing in barbican needs to be booked prior so u could take ur pick really. i think the barbican is romantic for dates. i love going there with hubby :D

if u walk, u cant really get lost! its just one or 2 street turns from the hotel and u can ask one of the staff to point u there.

i hope this helps.

xxx

bars loc: Plymouth - Google Maps

heres a great map, showing some of the bars/clubs inPlymouth.

the Copthorne hotel is in the middle at the top. by the roundabout by Coburg St/Western Approach

Back