Canaries!!

Okker

Hi everyone,
We're booked to go to Maspalomas this summer and I am VERY excited. I was just wondering if any of you have any tips on what to see while we're there. I have a little boy so we'll probably spend a lot of time at the beach..but we are also thinking of hiring a car.
I'd love to hear any Canaries holiday stories you might have! :character00180:

I went to gran canaria last yr but to playa de taurito. It was really great! We went to playa del Morgan which is known as "little Venice" it was great to go around the Market, then around the streets, we also went to costa rica (not the one in south America obvs) and went on a boat ride and saw about 40 dolphins and baby dolphins jumping up right out of the water along side the boat for ages (that was pretty much the high light for me!) also had access to an aqua park with the hotel and it was awesome to! The only thing we didn't do which I wish we did was take a pedallo out on the sea, it had slides built into the pedallo so u cud slide into the sea, I got really bad prickly heat though :/ we also had access to the local 5 star resort where Kelly brook and some other celebs own a place there that was so swish! Instead of dipping in to the sea to cool off the had mist gardens u walk through and loads of other cool stuff. I will warn u, we went in sept and it was still boiling!! Drink plenty of water, take lots of sun cream and after sun and have a brilliant time!!!! X

Hi, Stayed at Amadores (25min drive from Maspalomas) which is a gorgeous sandy beach great for the kiddies with cafes/restaurans/shops dotted along the edge of the beach, not hugely built up yet so i imagine would not be too busy.
I agree with Lindsay Mogan is lovely, :) we visited the market in the day, and then went back at night to go to one of the gorgeous restaurants on the harbour (also has a small beach, but we didnt use it).
You could maybe visit Anfi Del Mar, its a gorgous small resort (i think man made beach but still lovley) maybe its 20mins drive from maspalomas. so not too far for you in the car. has a promenade that lines the beach with shops and restaurants and a couple of 4/5 start hotels and nice little harbour.

Lindsay do you mean Puerto Rico? :p Pretty sure there is no costa rica!
I have stopped there before, near amadores, very built up and busy. not sure id take the kiddies there but its great if u want a mcdonalds. lol :) Also has a dark sand beach, but the harbour is nice for restaurants.

Hope you have a lovely holiday xxx

LornaGrace said:
Hi, Stayed at Amadores (25min drive from Maspalomas) which is a gorgeous sandy beach great for the kiddies with cafes/restaurans/shops dotted along the edge of the beach, not hugely built up yet so i imagine would not be too busy.
I agree with Lindsay Mogan is lovely, :) we visited the market in the day, and then went back at night to go to one of the gorgeous restaurants on the harbour (also has a small beach, but we didnt use it).
You could maybe visit Anfi Del Mar, its a gorgous small resort (i think man made beach but still lovley) maybe its 20mins drive from maspalomas. so not too far for you in the car. has a promenade that lines the beach with shops and restaurants and a couple of 4/5 start hotels and nice little harbour.

Lindsay do you mean Puerto Rico? :p Pretty sure there is no costa rica!
I have stopped there before, near amadores, very built up and busy. not sure id take the kiddies there but its great if u want a mcdonalds. lol :) Also has a dark sand beach, but the harbour is nice for restaurants.

Hope you have a lovely holiday xxx

Hahahahahahahaha duh!! Yeah puerto rica I alwaaaays get that wrong!! We went to anfi del mar, was really swish but Morgan was the best place I recon, was so hot though it was really lucky to have a little cafe right on the end of the harbour that sold cold pints (I am not a pint drinker usually!!) over looking the harbour and boats, really chilled!!! X

Back