Cancer Awareness Month - Please Help Paint the Site Pink!

Hi Carol,

I'm sorry to read about the losses in your family.

Are you regularly screened? Along with any female siblings? Sounds like you should be... so perhaps a chat with your GP is in order.
I don't want to alarm you, because it's better to be safe. But my GP referred me for annual screening after just one female relative with it (my mum).
My sister lives in a different area and she also has screening.

I hate going to my appointments i must admit but I wouldn't miss one ever.

Whilst BC is scary and does claim lives, it is quite a 'good' one too get when it comes to catching it early and being able to remove it all.

((Hugs))

how do chan
weight.png
ge my letters to pink.please

Have done it for you Sheba - just click on the capital A and choose the colour you want :)

I lost a very dear friend to cancer a few years back - it was especially heart breaking as her daughter was due to give birth to her first child, and she died a month before he arrived :(

Great post ladies, it's awful to see so many people affected by Breast Cancer, I have to admit I don't check and I know I should - I'd hate to lose my friends, I quite like them and so does my Fiance!!!

Gemx

start checking them Gem! There is a HIGH % of BC spotted early in self checks.. if you can catch it before it gets too bad, your friends will be around for a long time to come! ;)

Great Idea CDthing! :D Perhaps just a runner at the top or a ribbon by the logo. ;)

Just found this thread....am proud to say that the Isle of Man will be doing their bit and have lots of events organised in aid of breast cancer....The weekend of 27th 28th & 29th October we are celebrating the 'Isle of Woman' with masses of charity events...will be getting myself an isle of woman t shirt as well!!

Sounds great Kazz! :) look forward to seeing you in it! :D

I bought my daughter the pink kettle and toaster Accents by Morphy Richards and they provide a donation for each item sold

Irene xx

Hi guys - what a FAB idea !!!

it's sad to see so many people with such sad stories about friends and family who have been affected...had a bit of a scare myself earlier this year (April) when I found some 'bumps'...and GO referred me to the hospital...got my appointment out for NOVEMBER !!! so I decided to go private and get it checked - pleased to say everything was OK :)

BUT it really made me think - it can happen to ANY of us and please please please do check (that goes for the blokes as well !!)

All I could think of was that I wouldn't be here to see my kids grow up, get married, have grandkids etc etc.....that must be the hardest part if you're a mum or dad - knowing that you might be leaving your little ones behind :(

sorry if I've depressed you all - didn;t mean to !

be sure to check and if you find anything - get it seen to !!

hugs to all.......

Hi everyone,breast cancer is something that i have lived with since i was 5 years old my beautiful mum got breast cancer when i was 5 and has a Mastectomy when i was 7 and she died at the age of 36 i was 8 years old,my grandparents (mums mum and dad) addopted us and sadly my grnadmother then found out she had breast cancer a year after my mum died and she died 8 years later so by the ago of 16 i had lost the 2 most important people in my life to breast cancer my second cousin has also got breast ancer now and i have a very high chance of geting it myself,it is something that worries me so much especially me being a single parent.

Roch - I'm so sorry for the loss of your mum, and later grandmother. :( life is cruel sometimes. :(

PLEASE go and ask your GP for screening! I'm sure they'll agree given your genetics. ((Hugs)) I know it seems scary, but if you TRY and think of them like smears.. it's better to be safe than sorry.

I'm 34 been having screening since i was 31 and am thankful for the peace of mind.. no matter how worried i am when i go to my appointments. :p

I'm so sorry to hear of all the sad stories of peoples family and friends who have suffered through this illness :(
I personally don't check myself anymore because when I did find a lump my Dr told me I was silly to worry as I was too young and did absolutely nothing more about it. I just kind of got it into my head whats the point in trying when no one would do anything about it anyway.

that's a shocking opinion.. and if ever faced with that again ask for a 2nd opinion.
Honestly GP's are awful sometimes. And there ARE cases in young people. It is less frequent but not impossible. A lot of benign cases occur also. i think the stat's are 9/10. If your lump is still there.. go back! ((Hugs))

Think going pink is a reat idea,so many sad stories,
I have had 2 work mates who have had BC both at about the same time sadly only one is with us now,The other has been clear for 7years
Love to everyone
{{{HUGS}}}

That's so sad Libbie. and must be even harder for the one in remision as her colleague will be a constant reminder. :(

It's a cruel world sometimes.

Just letting you all know I got my pink on !
:)

And leaving some ribbons xx
breast.jpg

breast2.gif

breast5.gif

Back