Cancer Awareness Month - Please Help Paint the Site Pink!

And leaving this incase anyone wants to use it :)

miniminspinkon.jpg

I'm with you all my lovelys.... OH uncle died on Sunday of a brain tumour, Have lost 2 aunts to breast cancer and my BIL was cleared of a rare cancer back in January....

So worth while this cause.......

Great to see the thread still going! well done everyone! ((Hugs))

Well... my CDC told me just now.. i've gained 1lb.. and yep i earnt it..
I'm getting scared about my breast check next thursday and hope 790 will help keep me on track to lose next week. Comfort eating and eating in the winter are part of my worst times.

Anyway.. she apologised as doesn't have everything in.. as hasn't ordered.. due to a family tragidy.. and she's waiting for a phone call...
her niece now aged 11 lost her mum to a brain hemorage 2 years ago...
Well this week.. she collapsed and it's been discovered she has fluid on the brain. Because she has a brain tumour!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm shocked and stunned, and so so sad at the thought of this poor girl, and the family. She lives with her dad, and sister.. can you imagine the pain, fear and dispair they are all feeling.

Definately thinking pink. :(

Not really in the mood for talking at the moment but Purple Hugs I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.
Kam x
Kam, sorry.. it's too late to call, but am also thinking of you ((Hugs)) will PM you.
((hugs)) jane x x

Breast Cancer: Cancer Research UK "all join together" | Join a walk

Great way for fundraising and low level fitness... go on girls! get walking! :D

Am looking for an event near enough to me.. i've only just received an email from cancer research about this, but have missed my local walk by a week. :(

Will be trying to do one soon though!

((hugs))

My mother died from lung cancer due to smoking. My young newphew had testicular cancer, he is fine now and my first cousins wife has breast cancer just now and is undergoing treatment for it.

Thinking of you kam and Purple Hugs that all works out well for you both.

Thanks mini :)
Really sorry to hear about your family being affected by the dreaded disease. :( I don't know anyone that hasnt been touched by it. :mad: :(

I am so sorry for your loss Mini. (((((hugs))))))

My mum had breast cancer 4 years ago and had surgery, radiotherapy and is now entering her 5th year of remission and hopes to come off the hospitals list in the new year. There's no guarantees.. her best friend had it too, then remission for 8 years and then it came back with a vengeance and she had a mastectomy. Happy to say she is well and living life to the full.

It's such an unknown entity - a young cousin (21) had testicular cancer , got treatment early and went on to father 2 children.

Not all,as we are so painfully aware., are sucess stories... my grandfathers both had cancer, different types. (bowel and lung).. and my best friends lovely mum Joyce died of breast cancer 15 years ago.

No rhyme nor reason, sense nor logic...

Thinking of all of you whose lives have been touched by cancer in any way at all and hoping you have peace in your hearts and know you are in thoughts and prayers of those who care. xxx

PS. Can't work out how to do the pink thing, but know if I could have it would be on here!

Oooh! Its gorge!! :D Makes me wish I didn't already have one...can't really justify buying another but it is lovely!!! :D

Back