Cannot Sleep

Greeneyes11

Gold Member
I have never been the most brilliant of sleepers but since being on CD these past 2 weeks I have slept even worse. Since starting on CD I have had my TOTM, it started a week early and is still going on and I cannot sleep, I cannot drop off to sleep at night and wake really early in the morning... I have tried the usual sleeping tablets I use and they don't make the slightest bit of difference. I am so tired and unable to cope now that I am thinking of giving up CD, I cannot face another 10 weeks of this..... has anyone else had the same problem?

Hi unfortunatley I can sympathise with you,I wake up a couple of times in the night to go to the loo then have a job getting back off,but in the morning ping my eyes open at about 5.30 sometimes it can be 4.30 and thats it no way can i get back to sleep for me it is definatley being in ketosis that does it,but it doesnt take me long to wake up and I am full of beans,but........I do have to go to bed early usually by 8.30pm as i am falling asleep on the sofa,still,stops me raiding the fridge,I also have these mental dreams that Ive eaten something I shouldnt! So I must be in a deep sleep at some point.I have switched to decaff coffee and it does help x

It has definitely got worse with this diet..... but unfortunately once I get up I am not full of beans, I used to be a morning person and always tired at night but now I am tired all the time, DH even said to me the other morning that I looked like I had been awake all night.... I try to sleep for a couple of hours during the day as I am so drained but I lie there but don't sleep. I think my problem is that I don't hit ketosis properly, when I have used the stix they show me in ketosis first thing in the morning but then after that it shows I am not. I had this problem last time I was on the diet so I don't get the benefits of ketosis so always starving hungry and definitely no energy burst.

Thank you for your reply.

Same. Bloody nightmare!! Brain is tired, body is awake!!!!! I need to do more to wear it out!!

Im the same, this week was week 2, I weigh today. and Ive been sleep 4 hours a night and no more! its killing me!

Back