Can't afford the Dukan right now..

magb

As some as you may know I am a student. I calculated what I have spent recently on food and it's a LOT (chicken is particularly expensive). It's not a set decision as of yet and I am slightly nervous but I don't know whether to go off the diet until I return home and have more money? What would happen if for the remaining 2 weeks I have left here I ate salad, fruit, bits of meat until I got home and started the Dukan again? Really, realllly don't want to because I am petrified of putting on the weight I have lost since last year (I lost 7lbs before starting, and 6lbs on this) but my funds are severly low....what do you guys think I should do? If you think stick to Dukan--I could. I'm just v desperate to lose weight affordably for now!

My diet is cheaper than before

Sorry, is Dukan a diet? This may be not applicable. I am raw. It costs $50 in fruits&veggies. And $10 in nuts&seeds. I used to spend $100 on suppl. a month, now I only take vit D. Plants are surprisingly cheap.

As some as you may know I am a student. I calculated what I have spent recently on food and it's a LOT (chicken is particularly expensive). It's not a set decision as of yet and I am slightly nervous but I don't know whether to go off the diet until I return home and have more money? What would happen if for the remaining 2 weeks I have left here I ate salad, fruit, bits of meat until I got home and started the Dukan again? Really, realllly don't want to because I am petrified of putting on the weight I have lost since last year (I lost 7lbs before starting, and 6lbs on this) but my funds are severly low....what do you guys think I should do? If you think stick to Dukan--I could. I'm just v desperate to lose weight affordably for now!

I think you've done a great job so far! Give yourself full credit.

I know just how hard it is to cook and eat properly when you are a student - late night studying, catering outlets that revolves aroundcheap chips and beans and beer, shared kitchens and fridges and NO MONEY - so well done.

I think your plan sounds perfectly fine - take some of the principles of Dukan and chose fresh food where ever you can, check for hidden sugar and starch in things like yogurt, and keep away from the sweetie displays in the shop.

But other than that - concentrate on your studies, this is a once in a life-time opportunity to learn and grow.

One BIG TIP - I wish I still had access to some of the exercise facilities I had at college; cheap swimming pools, gym and dance classes, walking and hiking groups. If you have these - or can get cheap access to other facilities with a student card - make the most of them.

Thanks for that reply, I felt like a bit of a quitter but I really just can't afford it. It's just little things like the ham I'm snacking on could buy me 6 apples for the same price etc. I'm trying to stick to the principles of Dukan by still having more protein that anything. Today I've had tuna, a 2 egg omelette with ham for lunch and I have chicken and cucumber for tea but I've snacked on two apples. It's mainly the fruit I'm having which I know I'm not supposed to but I can revert back when I go home. Just a little nervous that I'm going to put weight on again :/.
As for exercise, time is a bit limited at the moment but my gym membership is really cheap so I'm lucky there! Thanks again :)

Back