can't decide on which vlcd

cammie girl

I've been on cambridge before (hence the name) and did exceptionally well. However I have now crept back up to my original weight (this took about 5 years to do by the way!). I know where I've gone wrong and it wouldn't be any different if I had done a ww style diet..which I have also tried a few times.

I'm now at the point where I want to go back on a vlcd..but now are there many options! I've moved so my previous counsellor (who was amazing) is kinda out of my way.
I've been looking at all of the new vlcd's and cant decide between exante and slim and save.

Exante seems cheaper but with slim and save, you can have a meal..

any recommendations?

Thanks

Well I'd recommend Exante :). You can have a meal on Exante if you want but most people prefer just to do the TFR. The Exante shakes are nice. Quite creamy and the porridge is amazing :)

I'd definitely recommend it over any other VLCD :)

I know the exante has limited flavours but (with the exception of the bars that are like dust) I prefer all the flavours they do in comparison to the Cambridge ones.

Having said that, I've found the support of my CDC invaluable and having lost 6+ stone twice now I'm determined to focus on dealing with food rather than going for goal as quickly as possible. So I used up my exante packs and happily pay out the extra £15 per week for my CDC and the broader range of products.

My plan this time is to ditch a stone on each of the steps rather than simply losing quickly by being the perfect 100% SSer I've always been. Then continue to be weighed weekly and advised by my CDC even when not buying products my CDC has numerous people who do this years after getting to goal and has a drop in session specifically for this. I find abstinence easier than moderation so boy am I on a big learning curve this time around!

All I can do is relate what I think with work for me. I'm not you and most likely your issues, and therefore the solution, will be different to mine.

Think back to what your strengths and weaknesses are. What do you need from a diet? What do you still need to learn? There's no one right answer and your needs may change according to where you are in your weightloss journey.

From one who knows how it feels to be starting again, good luck in finding what's right for you x

Don't forget, Cambridge have many steps to choose from so it's not all about SSing

Thanks ladies. I swore I'd never get back to this weight but well, I watched it happen and did nothing to stop it! oops
So yeah, I definitely need to change my habits and spot my strengths and weaknesses.
The cost aspect of exante appeals to me, I have to say.. I've bought a sample pack of slim and save. might do something similar with exante (I know it'll be more expensive) and decide then :)

I'm on lighter life but I suppliment with Slim and Save meals/bars because they are delish! Most VLCDs work in the same way and given that you've used Cambridge successfully before you obviously know what you are doing. I think the important thing then is the range of food if you're going to be on it for a while and whether or not you like the packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slim & Save is £100 per month....possibly the cheapest VLCD out there :) you also get the advantage of choosing which products you want where as with other cheap VLCD like Exante, you get a bulk of certain flavours which if you dont like, your stuck with them! You can order samples on S&S too.........meals and bars are DELISH!!!! And the choc shake hot is amazing :) x

It is certainly a toughie. When I first did cambridge, the 2 contenders were that and lighter life. Now there are loads..however I'm going to do stick to slim and save 100% for 1 month..I think it ticks all the boxes I need. Thanks all :)

Back