can't decide.....

The decision of whether to go it alone is one that only you can make.

I, personally, cannot do this plan without group. If I didn't have any accountability I wouldn't stick to it. I need the group, if I miss one, or don't stay I tend to have terrible weeks.

But if you feel you're not getting anything from your group or that you have the motivation and will power to do it on your own then fair plan to you. I don't.

xx

I am like stackhead. I have tried many ways to loose weight but on my own I never succeed. Going to group and being made to stand on the scales every weeks keeps me focused.
I know it is a very personal choice but I know with out my group I won't be able to do this.
If it is your group you have issues with could you move groups?

Ive also got to agree with the others. I tried it and you don't have the group support and the weigh-in each week when someone else has to record my weight loss really keeps me on track!

I'm in agreement, I got to target 3 months ago, when I didn't make it I slipped straight out of range. I also missed the people I had been doing the journey with. So my personal opinion is when your going you have a target day in the week, which helps in making though little accountable steps. Even when putting those few pounds on once and a while, making it to group helps you get back into to control.

I thought I could go it alone and left group in April. I rejoined last week nearly 2 stone heavier than I was in April.

I just can't do it without the discipline of having to go and get weighed every week.

It's personal preferences I think. My friend at work has lost an amazing 6stone since January n he's never been near a slimming club, whereas since January my going it alone has made me put 2 stone on! Now back at group cause I know it works!

I have not attended any classes and still managed to stay on track. I have found however that I have used this site as my support group and therefore my journey hasn't been completely alone. I am quite a motivated person and have found it fairly easy but I do think that I sometimes miss out on hints and tips that would make it even easier such as new free foods available from supermarkets or healthy extras. only you know what keeps you on track!

I used to go to class but got a little discouraged by a few things so stopped going. Over 6 months I put the weight back on. This April I started again doing it myself at home & I'm doing better than I've ever done. I'm very motivated & self discliplined & if you're like that I'm sure you'll be able to do it at home. If you feel you'll need the support of a weekly group (plus a consultant always available for advice) maybe stay in class.

I'm doing it online and have lost nearly 5 stone since February. I went to a couple of different classes for about the first month or six weeks but one was rubbish and the other not convenient so Ive gone it alone at home. This place and the food diary definitely helps keep me on track.

I couldnt stick to it as much as I do when I have to be weighed every week... Its the incentive that keeps me going. I have come off sw a couple of times and stuck to the methods of cooking and not to eat the fatty stuff but its the healthy a/b's that let me down because if I skip them I think I'll start again tomorrow and its the balance of a bit of everything that makes the diet work?! I'd like to think that when I get to a really good target of mine then I'll go it alone because I'll want to keep my 'ideal body weight' so maybe we'll see xxx :)

Ta :) Theres loads of people on here who have lost that *and more* though! :)

I often feel disheartened as I've lost 21lbs since the start of April which I know is good but the majority have lost a lot more in the same amount of time. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that every week I stick to it 100% so even if I only have a tiny loss or even gain (I've NEVER had consistent losses) I've tried my best. Just wish that when I put 100% into it the weight would come off quicker :(

I often feel disheartened as I've lost 21lbs since the start of April which I know is good but the majority have lost a lot more in the same amount of time. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that every week I stick to it 100% so even if I only have a tiny loss or even gain (I've NEVER had consistent losses) I've tried my best. Just wish that when I put 100% into it the weight would come off quicker :(
Thats an excellent loss :)

Back