Cant diet i love chocolate and crisps too much

quick sweet tooth fix and only 3 syns!

get a mullerlight vanilla yoghurt with or with out the chocolate! and crush a merangue(3 syns & i cant spell it lol) in there and add some strawberries and you have a kind of low syn eton mess! but you can put almost anything you want and use any yoghurt you want! I find because of the merangue being so sweet and the berries and the yogurt its quite filling aswell!

I'm going through one of those moments at the min chocolate is all that's on my mind and I've been eating either a milky way curly wurly or a fudge everyday this week not good lol.

Why is it 'not good'? Those chocolate treats are well within your syn allowance. If you're desperate for chocolate and crisps, a Freddo and a bag of French fries would only come to 10 syns.
I eat a small bar of chocolate every day- that's what syns are for.

I'm having a week like that too, think its hormonal. Basically I'm having green days so I can have two light chocolate alpens everyday, plus bread for lunch, plus my sins. I discovered Revels are 8.5 syns which is quite good as one bag is quite satisfying. So with that and my chocolate alpens I can stay on track!

I agree with most just try to stay within your syn limit and use your syns for crisps and chocolate if you can, i know we all go threw these stages but its best to draw a line under it and get back on the band wagon ;)

The crips you make in the microwave/oven are not free, not technically, or in any other way. SW consider these to be food abuse and therefore you need to syn them as you would if you were eating potatoes on a red day. The main reason is that you could quite easily eat 2 or 3 potatoes worth of these crisp as a snack without realising it, whereas you would be unlikely to eat the same amount if you ate them as a normal boiled potato.

With regards to liking chocolate & crisps. You can eat these within your syns. You can even eat them both on the same day. A packet of french fries and a curly wurly is less than 15 syns between them

Iv been having two alpen lights plus sometimes 2 special k bars - ones with choc on bottom. Its all in plan buy not expecting a loss tbh as just feels too naughty. But it is keeping me from being too bad however its not cheap

I like the alpen light bars, I use them as my healthy extra and it keeps me on track :)

But I agree use your syns for choc and crisps if you need them. I don't keep any in the house and just pop to the little corner shop if i fancy them :)

those cadburys chocco things are nice i can't remember the exact name they are in a purple roll and shaped like a rolo but its solid milk choc you 11 in a pack and they are 1 syn each, i buy one of these and knock the 11 syns of my weekly syns total n keep it in my bag so i have chocolate to nibble on when i fancy x

mmmmm they sound lovely good idea too x

My crisps went all gooey and ended up in bin I must have done something wrong

I love chocolate and crisps too! I find that making my own crisps and dipping them in worcestershire sauce works for me (and free!) Or melting a small pot of chocolate philly and pouring it over chopped fruit or alpen light bars beats that chocolate craving x

As others have said, thats what syns are for. You cant eat big bags of crisps or big chocolate bars every day and expect to lose weight. I do find that when the craving for something sweet hits, mini meringue nests are a life saver and i also buy multipacks of worcester sauce french fries as they arent many syns.

Check out my motto below, its something I remind myself of when I am struggling! :rolleyes:

Also bear in mind if was easy being slim, then everyone would be. ;)

kingleds said:
Crips you make yourself ARE NOT FREE ON SW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officially no they are not however its much better to have a few than loose the plot and eat a big bag of proper crisps. Some can eat these and still loose weight (I personally can't) but this whole thread is about helping someone who is struggling stay on sw and not loose control. If that means they tweak a couple things but they are in control, I for one think that's great. Yes they night loose weight slower but if will still come off (the proof is one the ones suggestion these)

Officially no they are not however its much better to have a few than loose the plot and eat a big bag of proper crisps.

Actually thats not the case, the calories are pretty much the same for the same amount of crisps.

Youre actually better off just choosing the lower-syn bags of crisps such as Quavers (4.5 syns) or French fries (4 syns) or Velvet Crunch (4 syns).

Calories are calories are calories - and these crisps cost less calories than a potato worth of home-made microwave crisps. (A 200g potato is 7.5 syns)

:)

Back