Can't find GL for some foods

Copper

Hi all. I see there a few people here who have successfully built GI/GL into their life.

I've been reading quite a bit over the last few days and I am convinced that GL is the way to go to both lose the lbs and to help me develop healthy eating that works for me and my family in the future.

I've not a massive amount to lose. My problem is to maintain it. The weight is drifting back on now, especially I am feeding my new partner, who, luckily for him, but not for me, has a super efficient metabolism and can eat anything he fancies with no sign of weight gain. Low GL based menu development seems to me a way that I can prepare good food for the family with only relatively modifications needed to satisfy the differing needs of each family member.

I've not been able to find GL numbers for a couple of foods

Does any one know what the numbers are for

1) Aduki beans (I assume it's low)
2) Brown basmati rice (would it be a little lower than the white basmati)

and then one I assume is high GL - Rice milk

Incidentally when I tried to find the GL of a cadbuiry creme egg :)o) I did find a recipe for making you own

Adult beans are low GL. Keep the rice to about 35g per portion as a side dish. Maybe try quinoa as a substitute for it as it is a low GL alternative.

Personally, I wouldn't get too hung up on counting gls. Count them until your comfortable visualising the portion sizes. I reckon once you are familiar with low GL choices and keep portion sizes small you will be fine and bit won't feel like a diet at all.

Back