Can't get back on the program after cheating, Please help me

khazarji

I did 6 days and felt fantastic, Then cheated like a pig, I am disgusted with myself, I was supposed to start again today, but woke up and decided to start tomorrow, how to stop that, and really do the damn diet for once and all...

I weigh 288 lb, and my hight is 5ft 6

Anything you will say is very much appreciated.

All I can say is remember how you felt in the 6 days you stuck to it and how you feel now. Come on you can do it just put what you ate behind you, pick yourself up and tell yourself you are going to do it. I know its hard sometimes but picture yourself in the summer in pretty clothes and not feeling like you have to breathe in all the time. Hope this helps xxx

If you are already telling yourself you cannot do it then the battle is half lost as you are mind is convinced you can't do it. Get your mind back in line. If it helps make lists as to why you feel you need to lose weight, what you can do after you've lost weight. Set yourseld a realistic mini goal, not too high to demotivate, a goal that you will need to stick to. You can even buy yourself a dress or something to motivate yourself. Once the first few days on SS are all over the diet is all about will power so it all happens in your mind. If you are determined to do it tell yourself so and get back in it. I know it's easier said than done but if you are in the right frame of mind it makes it so much easier.

I dont know if i can help or not.
But i think you do have to be in the right frame of mind.. else you've no chance.
I have restarted cd s/s so many times i cant remember over the past 18mths or so.

But i started again last monday.. i am on day 8 now and have been 100% and i feel blooming great!

I know it is so so hard once you've had a slip up.. but you need to give yourself a talking to.. and fight it.. once your back on track.. it is easier and you will get there.
Thinking of you.. all the best :D

I am with you DonnaMarie, SS'd loads of time and never quite made the loss that I wanted. Always seemed to sabotage my efforts. But not this time, I am in the right frame of mind and very determined, more so than ever. The right frame of mind is the key to CD, I wish you luck today.:)

Be kind to yourself here. Beating yourself up about it will not help and only make you feel worse.

I agree with everyone about thinking back to how you felt during the days you did it 100% and really look at what was motivating you to carry on. :)

If you need to take a step back from it for a while and try something else, then give yourself permission to do that as well hun. It really can help, in my experience.

Let us know how you get on and keep posting for support..xxx :D

I agree with others too. Just remember how good you felt when you did 100%. I am sending you lot of cyber hugs:hug99:

No matter what diet you are doing the one thing you need to succeed is willpower but sometimes, no matter how much you want something and no matter how much willpower you have, you can
"fall off the wagon". You just have to pull yourself back up and get back on. Beating your self up about it won't change a thing, it'll just make you feel worse.

Good luck on getting back on that wagon......xx

Back