Can't get to CDC training day :'(

haggard_hannah

Proud to be a Loser!
I was all booked in to do the CDC training day on September 17th in Bristol...until I realised just how far away Bristol is.

Because it's such a long way away, I'd have to travel down the night before and travel home the morning after the event. That's 2 nights in a hotel and at least £50 on travel. Aside from not being able to take 3 days off work, there's no way I'd be able to afford it.

:( I guess I'll just have to wait til the next one and hope that I can afford it. I'm so gutted cos I was so looking forward to becoming a CDC as soon as possible :cry:

Hannah,
Thats a real shame is there no way round it. I left home really early the morning of the training and got home later that evening..
Would you be getting a train there? x

Train would be cheaper, but even if I got the first train in the morning I wouldn't get there till about 11am...I don't know what time they usually start. And if I got the train home after it would involve kipping on a random station platform for a few hours :( xx

Just a thought but is it worth putting out an appeal on here to see if any minimins live in Bristol and would consider putting you up for a couple of nights??? x

Why don't you post a new thread minimins in Bristol appeal - help??? Might work ;) x

hannah im hoping to be on the course live in bristol and have a spare room, your more than welcome to come and stay with me, xx

it looks like your problems solved. so nice to see CDers helping each other out IRL.
good luck all on you training xoxox

Hi Hannah,

Hope it is all sorted for you now. If it helps, I will be staying whereever the training may be the night before, as I'm flying down from Glasgow. I could share my room with you if you like?

hannah glad your sorted hopefully see you there, xx
scottish mum have you got anywhere booked, let me know if your stuck, as i said i have a spare room, anyone that needs it, xx

Thank you so much Claira, have sent you a message back. xxx

Back