• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

can't get warm!!

Since starting on CDSS i have struggled to keep warm, doesn't seem to matter if i have the heating on full or am wrapped up, i'm always cold!! Does anyone else have this problem?:gen125: I have just come to the end of week 3 and hope this will improve as i go on.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LadyHemlock

Helsinki Vampire
S: 18st7lb C: 14st6.2lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 4st0.8lb(21.93%)
Yup I'm on week 3 and freezing! Last time I did CDSS for 6 weeks I was freezing the whole time too!:rolleyes:

Lostris

Serena's title didn't fit
S: 111kg C: 100.3kg G: 75kg BMI: 33.9 Loss: 10.7kg(9.64%)
Can't really help you, try drinking tea or coffee to keep you warm. Cold water doesn't help.

I was very cold the first weeks and the last weeks before going up the steps. I guess it's part of it ;-).

x

LadyHemlock

Helsinki Vampire
Yep just wrap up warm:D

Sarah_V

Silver Member
S: 21st11lb G: 11st0lb
This happens when your in Ketosis - welcome to ketoland lol

I'm hugging the radiator as we speak :)

S: 19st1lb C: 14st2lb G: 13st4lb BMI: 27.6 Loss: 4st13lb(25.84%)
Hi
I'm on day 1 of week 4 and I have been cold all the way through
My hands especially are cold all the time and I wear extra layers to try and keep warm
I have evan taken to sleeping in thermals - anything to stay warm
I can take this as a little suffering for the greater good
Imagine this summer on a beach soaking up the sun with new streamlined body - no worry of staying warm then
Keep up the good work
Cheers
James

LellyCD

Trying to stay healthy!
hi there, although it may not seem like it is actually a great sign that your body is fat burning, I was constantly freezing whilst on SS and wearing 3 or 4 jumpers, scarfs and keeping the house heated to boiling point too!! but i would be really chuffed that i knew my body was doing what i wanted it to and that kept me happy, i found myself having lots of hot baths in the evenings rather than showers just to get warm!!

xx

Busybee

Silver Member
S: 16st9lb C: 15st5lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 33.7 Loss: 1st4lb(7.73%)
I am on day 17 ( there goes Marcus Bentley's voice in my head again !!!!:eek:) and I have been cold since I started, the only thing that warms me up apart from a hot bath is a cup of Bouillon. That gets right to my feet and makes me comfortable. Lets all hug the radiators in unison......I am sending hugs to anyone that is cold :D

bevy

S: 15st13lb C: 14st12lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 34.6 Loss: 1st1lb(6.73%)
Yep, on week 9 and still freezing!!

Last edited:

Busybee

Silver Member
thanks Kellycd, it's always encouraging when others know what you are going through. I now know my sacrifice of bodily warmth is worth it, however my boss is struggling to understand why it is like a sauna in my office and keeps mentioning heating costs....bah humbug, there's someone here trying to diet........next time he comes in I am going to throw my stapler at him.....that will give me a warm feeling :D

biltsy

Peggy McParrot
S: 15st5lb C: 12st2.5lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 29.3 Loss: 3st2.5lb(20.7%)
Hi I'm freezing, i can cope with that but I can't sleep, any help with this or is it also part and parcel of CD

Busybee

Silver Member
If anything I sleep better, no energy has me in bed by 10.30 - we are suffering for our diets..........worth it in the end :D

LadyHemlock

Helsinki Vampire
I'm cold at night and don't sleep well. I always wake up with really sore eyes too:(

I know how u feel, I'm freezing all the time no matter what i do to keep warm, still .... its not forever. lol.

LadyHemlock

Helsinki Vampire
It will be worth it in the end:D

S: 13st7lb C: 13st7lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I think we should call this the Antartic Club, lol. I'm defo in it. Like a few others my sleep is effected too and I also get sore eyes first thing as a result. But I have discovered a temporary cure which works for me. During the Day, as well as plain water I also drink very strong black coffee and it wakes me up. The caffeine must wake me up and the heat warms me up. I daredn't drink it after teatime though otherwise I'll be buzzing through the night x

LadyHemlock

Helsinki Vampire
It is definitely the diet. The packs only really provide you with enough to keep going so there isn't really enough energy left to keep you warm when you’re running on empty!:winter_brr: But on the good side when your cold and drink cold water you lose more weight as your body uses more calories to heat the water to body temperature.:D
EDIT: I just read a report from a doctor that said drinking hot or cold water is rubbish! lol!

Last edited: